Barrett Jones (NOT) still on crutches and casted; back practicing

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Re: Barrett Jones still on crutches and casted

No offense Sip, but I'm dumbfounded at how many HIPAA violations there are with famous people. You really shouldn't have been privy to that info, but that's not on you, it's on your friend's daughter. It's a legal issue that I'd get fired for in a heartbeat.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I knew this but I wasn't going to say a word until there was some sort of an official announcement. Not claiming to be some big insider, far from it, much simpler than that. The woman who actually did the MRI imaging is coincidentally the daughter of one of my best friends and is my friend on Facebook as well. My friend emailed me and simply said....
"It's a broken foot but he should be able to play."
He basically played with the same injury in the SECCG which just shows how much guts Barrett has.
I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in a few days that Lacy has a broken hand and is in a cast as well...but I bet he'll be able to play too.
sip
If it's a cracked metatarsal, he can play with it - with a little help...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

No offense Sip, but I'm dumbfounded at how many HIPAA violations there are with famous people. You really shouldn't have been privy to that info, but that's not on you, it's on your friend's daughter. It's a legal issue that I'd get fired for in a heartbeat.
I hold back when it's side channel and Sip may want to edit, but a lot of stuff gets out via family and teammates, probably 95% of it. Hell, these days, it's almost impossible to get the techs to talk to you when it's you they're examining. Recently, I had to swallow a capsule camera to take pix of my small bowel to rule out bleeding. It's not too big, so there's no guarantee that you'll know when/if it goes on through. If you don't know, they x-ray you (about my 10,000th - I glow in the dark). The tech was breezy and cheerful. She said "I'll let you know if I see anything." After a couple of shots, she came out from behind the lead wall and said "Nope, nothing there." I thought that was refreshing...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I knew this but I wasn't going to say a word until there was some sort of an official announcement. Not claiming to be some big insider, far from it, much simpler than that.
"It's a broken foot but he should be able to play."
He basically played with the same injury in the SECCG which just shows how much guts Barrett has.
I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in a few days that Lacy has a broken hand and is in a cast as well...but I bet he'll be able to play too.
sip
Sip, please consider removing the info about how you got the info. Tried to PM you but your box is full. Someone could get into trouble.

Edit: Silly me. Should have known the astute folks on the FB board would be all over it.

Last edited:

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

If it's a cracked metatarsal, he can play with it - with a little help...
Worst case if he rebreaks it he should be able to gut it out and play? That seemed to be the case in the Georgia game.

I'm concerned about him rebreaking it. Considering the fact that he's a lineman it seems he could easily rebreak it (another lineman stepping on his foot during practice or during the game).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Worst case if he rebreaks it he should be able to gut it out and play? That seemed to be the case in the Georgia game.

I'm concerned about him rebreaking it. Considering the fact that he's a lineman it seems he could easily rebreak it (another lineman stepping on his foot during practice or during the game).
Cracking a metatarsal is really not that rare. I got my first fracture on one from dropping from the top of the jungle gym to the concrete in the first grade. (Lord, I hadn't thought about the accident-prone stuff starting that early.) I limped around for about six weeks before the primitive x-rays of those days (1944) showed it up. If it had been numbed, then I could have run on it. It's kind of rare to see a metatarsal completely broken in two, unless it is from something like a Fluker stomp. If he weren't going to play, we'd already know it...

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

How am I not surprised that Earle has had a metatarsal injury to be able to relate to Barrett Jones. Rare is the injury Earle hasn't had ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

How am I not surprised that Earle has had a metatarsal injury to be able to relate to Barrett Jones. Rare is the injury Earle hasn't had ;)
Yeah. Not all that surprising. However, that injury marked my childhood. The initial x-rays showed nothing, and, as I remarked, not very good, anyway. After limping for weeks, my parents took me to B'ham to see old Dr. Sherill, the first orthopedist in the state. I wore a cast for six weeks and then wore high-top brown leather shoes with custom arch supports all the way from the 1st grade through the sixth, while all the other kids were wearing cool black high-top Keds... :D

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

I got a new pair every year at Yieldings and ran down the street afterwards believing I could jump over tall buildings. Those were the days.
Nowadays it's tough turning over in bed. LOL

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah. Not all that surprising. However, that injury marked my childhood. The initial x-rays showed nothing, and, as I remarked, not very good, anyway. After limping for weeks, my parents took me to B'ham to see old Dr. Sherill, the first orthopedist in the state. I wore a cast for six weeks and then wore high-top brown leather shoes with custom arch supports all the way from the 1st grade through the sixth, while all the other kids were wearing cool black high-top Keds... :D
Are you forest gump? :)

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA

Earle, you really ought to consider donating your body to science whenever you leave this Earth. I'd imagine they'd have a field day and learn some amazing things. :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Earle, you really ought to consider donating your body to science whenever you leave this Earth. I'd imagine they'd have a field day and learn some amazing things. :)
Well, I'm due to be burned, but I hear you and I've thought about it. One thing's for sure, if they dug my body up 50K years from now, they'd never guess what I did for a living... :D

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I got a new pair every year at Yieldings and ran down the street afterwards believing I could jump over tall buildings. Those were the days.
Nowadays it's tough turning over in bed. LOL
You mean I REALLY couldn't run faster and jump higher?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.