Barrett Jones (NOT) still on crutches and casted; back practicing

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No offense, I thought HiFlyer had some bad information. If he could play on it immediately after injuring it, I figured it couldn't be less likely he plays with a month to heal unless they did some kind of surgery that has a long recovery time. He didn't go under the knife and I doubted it.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
TIDEinGA, who is a flight attendant on all the team's flights said in the thread about the team leaving for Miami that there is "good news regarding certain players..I'll just leave it at that!" :eek: :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
No offense, I thought HiFlyer had some bad information. If he could play on it immediately after injuring it, I figured it couldn't be less likely he plays with a month to heal unless they did some kind of surgery that has a long recovery time. He didn't go under the knife and I doubted it.
If I'd seen it, I'd've wiped it out. Injury rumors (and anything from an un-named individual who is close to the team is by definition rumor) are the most unreliable of all. The big bookies spent untold thousands of dollars trying to nail down and verify injury information, which is one reason so much more is simply made public now...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Quote from Barrett that ya gotta love..."

"It feels great," said Jones, who won the Rimington Trophy as the country's top center. "I've been able to practice for a few practices. I think the first day I was certainly a little rusty, and on the second day I was a little less rusty. I think it helps that I've started 49 games. I'm ready to roll."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-says-healthy-enough-play-national-title-game

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I know, RIGHT??!! My best case scenario would be having Kenny Bell back out there!! Who else would be a big surprise?!
Chris Black?
Kenny Bell?
Duron Carter?
Jimmy Johns?
Tyrone Prothro?
Who'd I leave out? Antonio Carter (why does that first name not sound right?)?

:wink:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wonder if Jimmy Johns is going to play quarterback? I've heard the coaches have a secret playbook they've been working on all season for this game.

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
I think Black being healthy wouldn't be considered a surprise at this point. Now White, that would be great news. I haven't heard anything about his progress at all.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think Black being healthy wouldn't be considered a surprise at this point. Now White, that would be great news. I haven't heard anything about his progress at all.
Black has already been pronounced healthy and ready to go. His RS and lack of PT so far are the questions. I feel that it's premature for both White and Fowler, but I'd be pleased to see either, particularly Fowler...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd guess if we're getting a surprise personnel deal, it would be Kenny Bell. White, Fowler, and Hart are all injured in a way that usually takes 9-12 months to get back. Chris Black wouldn't be a surprise at this point either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.