Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Very interesting interview with CNS on the LeBatard Show (look it up in French)..

I have always been of the thought that Alabama will be Saban's last stop as a football coach before retiring, but I have to admit that it does concern me to continue to hear the "I don't have many move's left in me" phrase. It gives me the vibe of, "well I might have one more stop/journey left in me".

Whatever Saban decides, he has left this program in a much better place than he found it. I wish him luck whether he is wearing crimson or any other color. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Very interesting interview with CNS on the LeBatard Show (look it up in French)..

I love Saban, but I didn't have the patience to sit through the entire interview. I wanted to reach into my computer and strangle Lebatard'. He asked about leaving Miami ten times and then asked why he isn't a nice person? If he wasn't a nice person he'd have told him to go fly a kite and hung up on him.

Or maybe I was in a bad mood from clicking on the first link and having to sit through the idiotic intro to his show. Is his target audience a college frat house?

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I'm shocked CNS even did the interview. As bad as 'tard has publicly trashed him over the years I have no idea why coach even gave him the time of day.

After listening to the entire interview and the extent of 'tards efforts to constantly press the Miami issue. I still cannot fathom why, WHY, WHY, WHY coach would even do an interview on his show?!
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; December 19th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I have always been of the thought that Alabama will be Saban's last stop as a football coach before retiring, but I have to admit that it does concern me to continue to hear the "I don't have many move's left in me" phrase. It gives me the vibe of, "well I might have one more stop/journey left in me".

Whatever Saban decides, he has left this program in a much better place than he found it. I wish him luck whether he is wearing crimson or any other color. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

To be honest 'putin. It shouldn't bother you one bit. CNS is already in his 60's. At some point we are going to have another coach. Personally, I feel he will be here another five years MAX, maybe less. That's just my feeling. However, he's been here long enough to rebuild our program to the point where we don't need another "Nick Saban" hire to win championships. As he did at LSU, he's done here. He's laid a foundation that will last for years. All the university needs to do is continue making solid hires to not drive it off the cliff again.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I'm shocked CNS even did the interview. As bad as 'tard has publicly trashed him over the years I have no idea why coach even gave him the time of day.

After listening to the entire interview and the extent of 'tards efforts to constantly press the Miami issue. I still cannot fathom why, WHY, WHY, WHY coach would even do an interview on his show?!
    Just finished listening myself. While it was heavily Miami centric, I do think that it will have benefited CNS and recruiting. Here is why.

1. From the interview you got a sense of the true regret that has been ignored by most of the Miami media.
    2. It gave more insight as to why they didn't get Brees. That was an extremely interesting tidbit of information. I always heard it was the front office not wanting him.
    3. Keeps Alabama on the minds of the kids in the recruiting hotbed that is Miami.
    4. He had some cover with Jason Taylor. That guy is a class act. He is a veritable hero in the mindset of Miamians (sp?) and to hear him speak so well of CNS could definitely change the minds of some recruits who may idolize JT.
    5. It set the story straight about the player with dehydration. Both Saban and JT remember it differently.

And then there is always the fall back position. Even bad press is better than no press at all.

C

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    Just finished listening myself. While it was heavily Miami centric, I do think that it will have benefited CNS and recruiting. Here is why.

1. From the interview you got a sense of the true regret that has been ignored by most of the Miami media.
    2. It gave more insight as to why they didn't get Brees. That was an extremely interesting tidbit of information. I always heard it was the front office not wanting him.
    3. Keeps Alabama on the minds of the kids in the recruiting hotbed that is Miami.
    4. He had some cover with Jason Taylor. That guy is a class act. He is a veritable hero in the mindset of Miamians (sp?) and to hear him speak so well of CNS could definitely change the minds of some recruits who may idolize JT.
    5. It set the story straight about the player with dehydration. Both Saban and JT remember it differently.
    And then there is always the fall back position. Even bad press is better than no press at all.

C
    Heath Evans is the one who won't let this story die and we all know where he went to school...

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I was pretty surprised when I heard CNS was going to do LeBatard's show. Obviously LeBatard has been hostile towards him after he left Miami and I'm sure everyone remembers when CNS did "Hey Coach" and LeBatard had Miami fans call in. With the BCSNCG being played in Miami, CNS may have felt it was time to get out in front of this early because he thought it might come up. May have also felt it was time to discuss the departure in the market where that fan base resides. Kudos to CNS for doing that and also for his very candid interview.

Jason Taylor seemed to act like he had a lot of respect for CNS as well. Good all around interview for sure.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickvox79 View Post
    I was pretty surprised when I heard CNS was going to do LeBatard's show. Obviously LeBatard has been hostile towards him after he left Miami and I'm sure everyone remembers when CNS did "Hey Coach" and LeBatard had Miami fans call in. With the BCSNCG being played in Miami, CNS may have felt it was time to get out in front of this early because he thought it might come up. May have also felt it was time to discuss the departure in the market where that fan base resides. Kudos to CNS for doing that and also for his very candid interview.

Jason Taylor seemed to act like he had a lot of respect for CNS as well. Good all around interview for sure.
    I watched an interview with Jason Taylor a few weeks back. He said that Coach Saban did the most for him in a short time at Miami. He went on to say that Coach was one of his favorite coaches he has had in his career. Nothing but glowing things to say about Coach.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

To be honest 'putin. It shouldn't bother you one bit. CNS is already in his 60's. At some point we are going to have another coach. Personally, I feel he will be here another five years MAX, maybe less. That's just my feeling. However, he's been here long enough to rebuild our program to the point where we don't need another "Nick Saban" hire to win championships. As he did at LSU, he's done here. He's laid a foundation that will last for years. All the university needs to do is continue making solid hires to not drive it off the cliff again.
    i have to say this is the most dominant stretch (2008 to present) of bama football i have witnessed in my life. i went to my first game in 1978 (vs vpi as va tech was called then i think) and so was old enough to pay attention through the last three dominant years of coach bryant.
    Last edited by 92tide; December 20th, 2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: poor grammar
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team

I had to listen to the whole show because I could not get iTunes to fast forward. Glad I did, though, because it gave me a little more insight into LeBetard and his show. I have not listened to him before. What was interesting to me was how they were discussing the upcoming interview with Coach Saban almost the entire first hour of the show. LeBetard didn't seem to "have it out" for CNS... he just wanted a good interview; and that meant discussing the Miami stuff. They were worried that CNS would simply "shut it down" when the conversation went there. JT was VERY high on CNS the ENTIRE time. He explained/defended the "I am not going to be the next coach at Alabama" statement, etc... and this was all before the CNS interview. LeBetard fretted about the interview quite a bit. It almost felt like he was intimidated a bit by CNS. I am glad that I listened to all that... just played it from my computer while I did some work.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    I had to listen to the whole show because I could not get iTunes to fast forward. Glad I did, though, because it gave me a little more insight into LeBetard and his show. I have not listened to him before. What was interesting to me was how they were discussing the upcoming interview with Coach Saban almost the entire first hour of the show. LeBetard didn't seem to "have it out" for CNS... he just wanted a good interview; and that meant discussing the Miami stuff. They were worried that CNS would simply "shut it down" when the conversation went there. JT was VERY high on CNS the ENTIRE time. He explained/defended the "I am not going to be the next coach at Alabama" statement, etc... and this was all before the CNS interview. LeBetard fretted about the interview quite a bit. It almost felt like he was intimidated a bit by CNS. I am glad that I listened to all that... just played it from my computer while I did some work.
    I've always loved how these radio personalities and tv personalities talk so big and bad about people when they are not there. Yet, when facing them they are nowhere near as "big and bad". I can't tell you how many times I've listened to lebetard trash CNS. Yet when he had his chance to talk directly with him he sure didn't have that same Billy Joe Bad Britches tone. I've got a name for folks like that...

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've always loved how these radio personalities and tv personalities talk so big and bad about people when they are not there. Yet, when facing them they are nowhere near as "big and bad". I can't tell you how many times I've listened to lebetard trash CNS. Yet when he had his chance to talk directly with him he sure didn't have that same Billy Joe Bad Britches tone. I've got a name for folks like that...
    nanner puddins?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Pony View Post
    nanner puddins?
    Meaning is the same, I just don't spell puddin that way. ss
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.