Link: Very interesting interview with CNS on the LeBatard Show (look it up in French)...

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I was pretty surprised when I heard CNS was going to do LeBatard's show. Obviously LeBatard has been hostile towards him after he left Miami and I'm sure everyone remembers when CNS did "Hey Coach" and LeBatard had Miami fans call in. With the BCSNCG being played in Miami, CNS may have felt it was time to get out in front of this early because he thought it might come up. May have also felt it was time to discuss the departure in the market where that fan base resides. Kudos to CNS for doing that and also for his very candid interview.

Jason Taylor seemed to act like he had a lot of respect for CNS as well. Good all around interview for sure.
I watched an interview with Jason Taylor a few weeks back. He said that Coach Saban did the most for him in a short time at Miami. He went on to say that Coach was one of his favorite coaches he has had in his career. Nothing but glowing things to say about Coach.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
To be honest 'putin. It shouldn't bother you one bit. CNS is already in his 60's. At some point we are going to have another coach. Personally, I feel he will be here another five years MAX, maybe less. That's just my feeling. However, he's been here long enough to rebuild our program to the point where we don't need another "Nick Saban" hire to win championships. As he did at LSU, he's done here. He's laid a foundation that will last for years. All the university needs to do is continue making solid hires to not drive it off the cliff again.
i have to say this is the most dominant stretch (2008 to present) of bama football i have witnessed in my life. i went to my first game in 1978 (vs vpi as va tech was called then i think) and so was old enough to pay attention through the last three dominant years of coach bryant.

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I had to listen to the whole show because I could not get iTunes to fast forward. Glad I did, though, because it gave me a little more insight into LeBetard and his show. I have not listened to him before. What was interesting to me was how they were discussing the upcoming interview with Coach Saban almost the entire first hour of the show. LeBetard didn't seem to "have it out" for CNS... he just wanted a good interview; and that meant discussing the Miami stuff. They were worried that CNS would simply "shut it down" when the conversation went there. JT was VERY high on CNS the ENTIRE time. He explained/defended the "I am not going to be the next coach at Alabama" statement, etc... and this was all before the CNS interview. LeBetard fretted about the interview quite a bit. It almost felt like he was intimidated a bit by CNS. I am glad that I listened to all that... just played it from my computer while I did some work.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I had to listen to the whole show because I could not get iTunes to fast forward. Glad I did, though, because it gave me a little more insight into LeBetard and his show. I have not listened to him before. What was interesting to me was how they were discussing the upcoming interview with Coach Saban almost the entire first hour of the show. LeBetard didn't seem to "have it out" for CNS... he just wanted a good interview; and that meant discussing the Miami stuff. They were worried that CNS would simply "shut it down" when the conversation went there. JT was VERY high on CNS the ENTIRE time. He explained/defended the "I am not going to be the next coach at Alabama" statement, etc... and this was all before the CNS interview. LeBetard fretted about the interview quite a bit. It almost felt like he was intimidated a bit by CNS. I am glad that I listened to all that... just played it from my computer while I did some work.
I've always loved how these radio personalities and tv personalities talk so big and bad about people when they are not there. Yet, when facing them they are nowhere near as "big and bad". I can't tell you how many times I've listened to lebetard trash CNS. Yet when he had his chance to talk directly with him he sure didn't have that same Billy Joe Bad Britches tone. I've got a name for folks like that...:biggrin2:

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I've always loved how these radio personalities and tv personalities talk so big and bad about people when they are not there. Yet, when facing them they are nowhere near as "big and bad". I can't tell you how many times I've listened to lebetard trash CNS. Yet when he had his chance to talk directly with him he sure didn't have that same Billy Joe Bad Britches tone. I've got a name for folks like that...:biggrin2:
nanner puddins? :cool2:

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
I thought the interview was terrific, good questions considering the feelings in south Florida and candid, honest and articulate answers from a remarkable man who, I feel, really appreciated the opportunity to tell his side of the story.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I have always been of the thought that Alabama will be Saban's last stop as a football coach before retiring, but I have to admit that it does concern me to continue to hear the "I don't have many move's left in me" phrase. It gives me the vibe of, "well I might have one more stop/journey left in me".

Whatever Saban decides, he has left this program in a much better place than he found it. I wish him luck whether he is wearing crimson or any other color. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
To be honest 'putin. It shouldn't bother you one bit. CNS is already in his 60's. At some point we are going to have another coach. Personally, I feel he will be here another five years MAX, maybe less. That's just my feeling. However, he's been here long enough to rebuild our program to the point where we don't need another "Nick Saban" hire to win championships. As he did at LSU, he's done here. He's laid a foundation that will last for years. All the university needs to do is continue making solid hires to not drive it off the cliff again.
My 2nd paragraph and your statement has a very close sentiment.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
LOL! Great interview, but after the interview when they realized they had recruited Miami for him was hilarious. I think it hit them when they started getting text from dolphins fans saying they would let their kids play for CNS.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
You can obviously hear despise and hate in the questions Le bastard was asking. Nick stayed cool and tried not to get upset. First of all, I can't believe Saban agreed to do the interview. I thought the questions continued to try to set Saban up to say something detrimental. Dan kept bringing up failures and words out of context. Maybe if Saban can convince Le bastard that he is different than what south florida thinks he is, then the rest of the world will open their minds too.
Bottom line, very few college coaches today have done more to positively impact players and positively impact the community they live. His ex-players affirming that is proof. I think he puts more weight into the players' opinion of him than people who barely know him at all. So thankful he is our coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.