Blog: Latest Bama News 12/19/12

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Re: Latest Bama News 12/18/12

Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron will come back next season for his senior year, andNick Saban said that's a good decision, even if he had gone high in the NFL draft. "I think AJ's decision was based on the fact that, with the quarterbacks, if you're not going to be one of the very, very top picks, one of the first few guys picked in the draft, where they're going to make an investment of you being the guy, where you'll develop as the guy, just like a couple of the guys have this year, it's very difficult to develop because you don't get to play very much," Saban said. "If you play in college you can certainly have a better chance of improving and enhancing your draft status in the future in how you're evaluated." Saban added McCarron loves college football

Saban: McCarron can help himself by playing one more year-Daily Bama Blog

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

McCarron is hardly Alabama’s only junior to think about leaving early for the NFL. Right tackle D.J. Fluker, inside linebacker C.J. Mosley, cornerback Dee Milliner and even running back Eddie Lacy will have a chance to explore their options before making a decision. "We always have that issue here with several guys," Saban said. "We don’t press guys to make the decision. Some guys are more driven to do it than others. I think everybody’s got their priorities of what’s important. "I think philosophically, we think if a guy’s going to be a first-round draft pick, from a business standpoint, he’s certainly got a decision to make about what he does with his future. But it’s in each and every guy’s heart as to what he would do."
Nick Saban not interested in leaving Alabama, believe it or not - Dothan Eagle: Alabama

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

When asked about the foot, Jones recited the answer as if he had been asked 1,000 times: "Sprained foot. Going to be fine. Can’t wait to play. How’s that?" In other injury news, nose guard Jesse Williams (knee), receiver Kenny Bell (broken leg) and running back Jalston Fowler (knee) rode exercise bikes during Tuesday’s practice. Running back Dee Hart (knee) and receiver DeAndrew White (knee) did light running. Williams was held out as a precaution, like Jones. Fowler, Hart and White are not available to play against Notre Dame. All three had knee surgeries this season. Bell, however, is a possibility to play, even through he had surgery to repair his broken leg just three weeks ago. "How he does, how he manages, what his tolerance is to activity will be determined as we go," Saban said. "I can’t make a call as to whether he’ll play in the game or not at this juncture.
Alabama football notebook: Center Jones sitting out practices | The Montgomery Advertiser

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

On the process of stressing fundamentals early in postseason preparation: "When we've had a couple of weeks off, you really want to go back and almost reinstall the basics of things we need to do. The things in games like this that are important is tackling, block protection, doing a good job of blocking, being physical, getting your conditioning level back to where it needs to be so that you can sustain. Ball security is always something that we want to have a lot of focus on. This is a really important time, these five practices before Christmas, I think, to get those basic fundamentals down pat."
On AJ McCarron, the Bear and Ara era and more from Nick Saban's first postseason press conference | al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Saban likely will be haunted forever by a comment he made Dec. 21, 2006, while coaching the Miami Dolphins when reports linked him to Alabama, which had fired Mike Shula: "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. ... I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here."

Saban: No matter what I say, nobody believes I want to stay-Daily Bama Blog

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

They’re discounting Orange Bowl tickets by 50 percent at Florida State and giving them away at Northern Illinois. The University of Florida, for all of the professed excitement of its fan base for an unexpected 11-1 season, is lagging far behind Louisville in ticket sales for their Sugar Bowl matchup. Meanwhile, at the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl, a game between Northwestern and Mississippi State seems to be quickening pulses only in Evanston, Ill., and Starkville, Miss. In Orlando, Georgia fans are bouncing back from the shock and disappointment of losing the SEC championship game and are close to selling out the school’s 12,500-ticket allotment. The Bulldogs’ opponent … not so much. Nebraska is reporting ticket sales of only about 4,000 for its second trip in a row to Orlando. It’s not just the economy or high ticket prices. At issue is the current bowl system, which is leading to tepid matchups in BCS bowls because of the requirement to give non-automatic qualifying conferences access and more questionable games in non-BCS bowls because of the desire of conferences to "protect" their championship game losers. There is still more than two weeks before New Year’s Day, time for schools and bowls to continue with marketing efforts to fans. But there’s no sugar-coating the current reality:
College bowl games face tough sell | jacksonville.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

..no boot no crutches the process slowly getting better.. — Kenny bell (@TheKennyBell7) December 6, 2012 It would be a big boost for Alabama if Kenny Bell could play in the BCS Title game. Missing college football.. 28 days away — Nick Perry (@NIckPerry_27) December 11, 2012 Me too. 20 more. The finish line doesn’t come…

Twitter Tuesday: Alabama Football Returns To Practice-bamahammer

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Tim Tebow's career as NFL quarterback could be nearing its endPublished on NFL.com | shared via feedly
Now, as the New York Jets bypass Tebow and supplant an insufficient Mark Sanchez with Greg McElroy, Tebow is likely left to revert to a line he has repeatedly recited for the past decade: "I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future." And for those wondering, he isn't talking about Rex Ryan.
...Let's start with some facts:
A source close to Tebow said the Jets' decision to bypass him is "still too fresh," and will necessitate digestion and contemplation before he makes his next move. Asking for his release or asking for a trade are two potential options that would help him accomplish the very strategy he employed after his freshman year of high school. It is "highly unlikely," according to another source close to Tebow, that he will sit idle beyond this season in the wake of the team's decision to go with McElroy. Then again, the Jets could keep that from mattering and choose to cut him on their own.
Via NFL Network.
McElroy wins again, Tebow cries again-ibleedcimsonred

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.