Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team TideJunkie's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Re: Check out this Kicker (I don't believe it)

At the risk of being chastised for bashing players, I would feel more confident with him out on the field for long range kicks than a certain kicker that we have now.
    Everyone wishes they were Crimson and White!

2. Advertisement

Sick video - thanks for posting the link.

BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Gotta love the Dropkick Murphys! That makes the video perfect!
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I don't think it's real. The reason is simple. Everytime a person catches one of his 65 yard kicks they simply hold out their hands and the ball lands softly in them for an easy catch. If you're not an experienced kick returner a punt of that distance has a lot of momentum coming in and is very difficult to catch even for a college athlete. It's just too easy looking to me.
    Plus, if you'll notice, the ball always flutters. A 65 yard punt doesn't flutter, it spirals. If it flutters that means the ball wasn't kicked very well. Looks like special effects to me. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time lol...
    sip

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I don't think it's real. The reason is simple. Everytime a person catches one of his 65 yard kicks they simply hold out their hands and the ball lands softly in them for an easy catch. If you're not an experienced kick returner a punt of that distance has a lot of momentum coming in and is very difficult to catch even for a college athlete. It's just too easy looking to me.
    Plus, if you'll notice, the ball always flutters. A 65 yard punt doesn't flutter, it spirals. If it flutters that means the ball wasn't kicked very well. Looks like special effects to me. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time lol...
    sip
    Some of the shots look legit; some look fake. The problem is that, if even a few are obvious fakes, the legitimacy of the entire clip is called into question. He's supposed to be working with a kicking coach, hoping for an NFL berth, so I guess we'll soon know...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

He almost missed one. Just sayin.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Some of the shots look legit; some look fake. The problem is that, if even a few are obvious fakes, the legitimacy of the entire clip is called into question. He's supposed to be working with a kicking coach, hoping for an NFL berth, so I guess we'll soon know...
    Oh if the video is indeed legit then he'll definitely get a shot. The question will then be, "Can you do that under intense pressure that you've never seen before?". Heck, I wish him nothing but luck.

Who would spend the amount of time necessary to fake a kicking highlight video?

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    Somebody wanting an NFL kicking career and he's now working with an NFL kicking coach...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Somebody wanting an NFL kicking career and he's now working with an NFL kicking coach...
    Why? If you faked it they'd know as soon as you started kicking for them in person.

BamaNation First Team KentuckianaBFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

How long would it take an NFL kicking coach to tell if he's a fake? I'm guessing not very long (5 minutes?), but that's just a guess...

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post

you're right why would anyone put something fake on the internet?
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckianaBFan View Post
    How long would it take an NFL kicking coach to tell if he's a fake? I'm guessing not very long (5 minutes?), but that's just a guess...
    He's already been accepted by and working with the coach. There may have been some trickery, but I think we can put to rest the idea that the whole clip is fake. I look forward to seeing what he can do...