Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Check out this Kicker (I don't believe it)

Quote Originally Posted by nx4bama View Post
    right, but how many times did he miss the 1st 50 yarder, or the 3rd 50 yarder? Im not saying he doesn't have skills.... just that we are only seeing what he wants us to see
    Fair enough. I think the main thing we can take home from it is that he has a very strong leg, and may be quite accurate.

2. Advertisement

He's 28 and he's only been kicking a NFL football for a year and a half. You don't get a better kicking coach than Husted. It's worth remembering that the first pure place kicker to enter the NFL HOF was none other than Jan Stenerud - of Norway. It's also interesting that "Husted" is also a Norwegian name. Must be something in the water...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BTW, that garbage can in the first shot is a duplicate of the ones issued by the City of Huntsville. Wonder who copied whom...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

He certainly can kick and punt -- even if some are fake. Looks like R.U. posts he's kicking through which are wider than NFL I believe. The kicks he took by the sideline are common in R.U. as the kick is taken where in the end zone the TD was placed.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

Quote Originally Posted by nx4bama View Post
    very impressive, but you're only seeing the successful attempts. How many times did he miss that we aren't seeing? again, not taking away from the guys skill, but it is a "highlight" reel.
    True, but remember the Tiger Woods commercial where he dribbled the ball on his club and then launched it straight down the pipe?

It was neither fake nor an example of how he performed every time. It showed what he could do when he was really on, which is was far more than most mortals and why he's got all those trophies. This guy's ability to kick like this enough to even create a highlight reel is why he's now working with an NFL coach.

There are over a thousand kickers that can kick a 65-70 yarder if a 25+ mile per hour wind is behind them.

Our punter used to kick it 90 yards in the air on their practice field that had a 25-30 mile wind behind them. He had a thunder leg and could kick it 70 yards in the air without wind at times.

I also saw 90 yard kick offs in pre-game practice at North Dakota State (before they built the dome) when there was a 30 mile an hour wind at their back.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAfan777 View Post
    There are over a thousand kickers that can kick a 65-70 yarder if a 25+ mile per hour wind is behind them.

Our punter used to kick it 90 yards in the air on their practice field that had a 25-30 mile wind behind them. He had a thunder leg and could kick it 70 yards in the air without wind at times.

I also saw 90 yard kick offs in pre-game practice at North Dakota State (before they built the dome) when there was a 30 mile an hour wind at their back.
    How many of those ended up being coached by Husted? Does anyone ever really read the thread?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yeah, this guy has legitimate talent as a kicker. He's got a hammer for a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Yeah, this guy has legitimate talent as a kicker. He's got a hammer for a foot.
    Some team, probably the Chargers, paid to import him to southern Cal to be coached by Husted. That doesn't happen in the case of an internet hustle. If folks would just read the thread, with the links, and just google Husted Kicking, we could do away with about a third of the posts in this thread...

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The amount of control he has over his kicks is reminiscent of prime Tiger Woods with a golf club.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The amount of control he has over his kicks is reminiscent of prime Tiger Woods with a golf club.
    As long as you don't mean Tiger Woods off the tee. Tiger Woods from a bunker or in the trees, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    As long as you don't mean Tiger Woods off the tee. Tiger Woods from a bunker or in the trees, definitely.
    That makes the Woods analogy even better. They don't kick field goals off a tee in the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by efd840 View Post
    That makes the Woods analogy even better. They don't kick field goals off a tee in the pros.
    So in other words, this guy will be money on field goals, but will have about 1 kickoff penalty per game?