Check out this Kicker (I don't believe it)

BamafanNPC

3rd Team
Jan 3, 2007
Pell City, AL
As amazing as some of these kicks are, some of the distance kicks are wind aided. Not knocking him (I know I couldn't do it), but you can see the clouds moving rather rapidly, and the wind swaying the trees. Most prevalent at the 3 min mark. Still some pretty amazing kicks.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Not that it's not impressive, because it is. But, that four minute video was probably the result of 20 hours of video tape trying to get that kind of highlight reel.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I don't think it's real. The reason is simple. Everytime a person catches one of his 65 yard kicks they simply hold out their hands and the ball lands softly in them for an easy catch. If you're not an experienced kick returner a punt of that distance has a lot of momentum coming in and is very difficult to catch even for a college athlete. It's just too easy looking to me.
Plus, if you'll notice, the ball always flutters. A 65 yard punt doesn't flutter, it spirals. If it flutters that means the ball wasn't kicked very well. Looks like special effects to me. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time lol...
sip

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't think it's real. The reason is simple. Everytime a person catches one of his 65 yard kicks they simply hold out their hands and the ball lands softly in them for an easy catch. If you're not an experienced kick returner a punt of that distance has a lot of momentum coming in and is very difficult to catch even for a college athlete. It's just too easy looking to me.
Plus, if you'll notice, the ball always flutters. A 65 yard punt doesn't flutter, it spirals. If it flutters that means the ball wasn't kicked very well. Looks like special effects to me. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time lol...
sip
Some of the shots look legit; some look fake. The problem is that, if even a few are obvious fakes, the legitimacy of the entire clip is called into question. He's supposed to be working with a kicking coach, hoping for an NFL berth, so I guess we'll soon know...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Some of the shots look legit; some look fake. The problem is that, if even a few are obvious fakes, the legitimacy of the entire clip is called into question. He's supposed to be working with a kicking coach, hoping for an NFL berth, so I guess we'll soon know...
Oh if the video is indeed legit then he'll definitely get a shot. The question will then be, "Can you do that under intense pressure that you've never seen before?". Heck, I wish him nothing but luck.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.