Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama Fans Thoughts on Possibility of OU to the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    Would love to see OU and Ok. St. in the SEC. Tough competition only makes getting to the big game or even the SECCG harder. Woo hoo for fewer championships!!
    I noticed a mistake in your post. I fixed it.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Alabama Fans Thoughts on Possibility of OU to the SEC

[QUOTE=GrayTide;2067739]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    But but but Notre Dame????

So which one of the big 5 in your scenario (which I happen to believe as well) does not survive? I assume big east is dead man walkin already.

Obviously the Big East is history. The SEC, B1G, PAC# for sure. The ACC and Big XII, after desertions, will cobble together a new conference plus maybe ND. I could see actually 65 teams, 4 X 16 plus the domers.
    I agree with everything except the plus Notre Dame part. If they to play in the new world then they should have to be part of the 4x16. If not one of the #2 teams gets the shaft to let them in the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team scoretide's Avatar

leave it alone! Where we are right now is good enough. We could possiblility get to big and the sedc might not win another national championship with everyone beating up on everyone!
    "saban has awoken a sleeping GIANT"

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post
    leave it alone! Where we are right now is good enough. We could possiblility get to big and the sedc might not win another national championship with everyone beating up on everyone!
    I don't think that it can stay like it is. It just feels unstable.

Having Missouri in the East division doesn't make sense geographically. It seems that it was devised as a short-term situation until teams that are more suited for the eastern division geographically can be added. Having 7 teams in each division just feels like it's too many teams for each division. Getting to 16 and then breaking into 4 four-team divisions would seem to make the situation more manageable.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

Any chance there was of 0U coming to the SEC went out the window when A&M joined. 0U would have been a small window into the Texas tv market that the SEC might have considered better than nothing at all. Not going to happen now with A&M onboard.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If they were to leave the Big XII, I think their best spot would be the Big Ten. They'd be able to revive the Nebraska rivalry and they feel more like a midwestern team than a southern one. They also have wrestling, a big sport in the Big Ten.
    ...have a hard time getting the university presidents to approve their inclusion without being AAU members, or having a plan to get there within short order.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post
    thats what they said when we added the SEC championship game also.

BamaNation Third Team

Thanks for sharing the Bama perspective. The vast majority of the comments are consistent with the views expressed by the vast majority of the Aggies I speak to. However, with the posts by other fanbases and being the newbies on the block....I was concerned that we might not be considering something that we should from an SEC perspective. Sometimes our views can get a little skewed.......sheep farms will do that to you. Roll Tide...BTHO Notre Dame.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA1979 View Post
    ...so why boost their ego even more by making the call and providing them with the opportunity to turn it down?
    The ND perspective may change if they lose on Jan 7 and it's obvious they can't compete at the highest level. I don't expect that to happen. I think they'll lose but I also think it will be a close game. But I thought last year's game would be closer than it was.

Is it possible for Notre Dame to have a bigger ego?

11. December 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM

Reason
    Sorry - not even implied profanity allowed (Although I understand the sentiment). Repost without it...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

I don't expect to see OU coming to the SEC as they and UTx seem to be joined at the hip and also because I doubt that the SEC would take both them and OK State who, as pointed out by another poster, would probably have to be part of the package.

I suspect that the most likely candidates would be out of the ACC, probably NC State and VA Tech. I don't believe that UNC is a viable candidate as I think they are more likely to be invited and to be a good fit for the Big 10 as will UVA.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Enough of this already!
    " The greatest battles of life are fought daily in the silent chambers of our own soul"

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Enough of this already!
    would you prefer we discuss the possibility of a live elephant mascot???

Quote Originally Posted by nx4bama View Post
    would you prefer we discuss the possibility of a live elephant mascot???
    ooo ooo.... we could call him albatross.....