BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Forbes' College Football's most valuable teams - 7 of top 10 SEC (Tide #6)

Rank Team Conference Value ($Mil) Revenue ($Mil) Profit ($Mil)

Texas Longhorns

Big 12 133 104 78

Michigan Wolverines

Big Ten 120 85 62

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Independent 103 69 43

LSU Tigers

SEC 102 69 45

Georgia Bulldogs

SEC 99 75 52

Alabama Crimson Tide

SEC 95 82 45

Florida Gators

SEC 93 74 51

Auburn Tigers

SEC 85 77 44

Tennessee Volunteers

SEC 84 55 35

Arkansas Razorbacks

SEC 83 64 40

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...-still-on-top/

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Forbes' College Football's most valuable teams - 7 of top 10 SEC (Tide #6)

and Coach Saban was rated as the game's most powerful head coach...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...-head-coaches/

Suspended

I read the article and still don't understand how LSU and Georgia are more valuable than Bama. Neither their campus, facilities or game attendance exceed us.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

These lists fluctuate so much. Alabama is generally towards to the top, even as high as #4 two years ago.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

I bet A&M jumps up there with the move to the SEC and Manzel winning the Heisman. I'm sure that will generate a ton of sales for them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigBama76 View Post
    I read the article and still don't understand how LSU and Georgia are more valuable than Bama. Neither their campus, facilities or game attendance exceed us.
    Total value was tabulated using more than just revenue brought in from football. Don't forget that LSU has a very well-rounded and balanced athletic program.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team

I've seen these Forbes lists for several years now, sometimes they are all encompassing, and sometimes for a single sport. Arkansas' ranking is about where the NCAA total revenues numbers put it just slightly higher on the Forbes lists. The financial health of Arkansas' sports program is outstanding for a state with less than 3 million people.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I bet A&M jumps up there with the move to the SEC and Manzel winning the Heisman. I'm sure that will generate a ton of sales for them.
    Plus....since they were looking at 2011 numbers...the $16M penalty (forfeited revenue) we lost for changing conferences along with Sherman's $5.8M buyout when we hired Sumlin were a drag on our 2011 numbers. Investing $450M in Kyle Field complete renovation over the next three years that will reportedly increase the capacity of Kyle Field from 84,000 to 103,500 plus SRO. Having to invest all the way around as we move across the tracks and get up to SEC standards.

BamaNation First Team SirCrimson's Avatar

I just cant believe the cow college is #8 i find that very hard to believe.
    "No man, I majored in Journalism, it was easier."
    Joe Namath responding to a reporter who asked him if he majored in Basket Weaving at Alabama.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

value vs. revenue.

value can change and sometimes not accurate, but revenue is concrete and solid.

I take revenue everytime.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Total value was tabulated using more than just revenue brought in from football. Don't forget that LSU has a very well-rounded and balanced athletic program.
    I read what they said they used to come up with their valuations but as far as LSU having a well-rounded and balanced athletic program, the last time I checked we just won more non-football national championships than any other school in the SEC. I'd also rate our bball program well ahead of LSU since we have won the SEC title more than anyone other than Kentucky.

BamaNation All-American

wait until the SEC's new television revenue is announced...they'll be some changes i would expect.