Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Trent Richardson's Opinion Of Saban Leaving Bama(link)

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    I hope he erases Jim Brown from the record book. It isn't likely, but it would be nice to shut up that cranky old has-been.
    Hope when/if TR does break JB's record he won't try to discount it based on number of games played. Not sure how many games JB played during that season but I can see him using that as a crutch even though the defensive talent is so much bigger, stronger, faster and the game has primarily become a pitch and catch league.

RTR!!!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post
    Hope when/if TR does break JB's record he won't try to discount it based on number of games played. Not sure how many games JB played during that season but I can see him using that as a crutch even though the defensive talent is so much bigger, stronger, faster and the game has primarily become a pitch and catch league.

RTR!!!
    You make good points, but the offensive line for Trent is also bigger and stronger. Cleveland played 12 games in 1957 plus the Championship game.

Regular Season Schedule

Week Date Opponent Result Attendance
    1 September 29, 1957 New York Giants W 63 58,095
    2 October 5, 1957 at Pittsburgh Steelers W 2312 35,570
    3 October 13, 1957 Philadelphia Eagles W 247 53,493
    4 October 20, 1957 at Philadelphia Eagles L 177 22,443
    5 October 27, 1957 at Chicago Cardinals W 177 26,341
    6 November 3, 1957 Washington Redskins W 2117 52,936
    7 November 10, 1957 Pittsburgh Steelers W 240 53,709
    8 November 17, 1957 at Washington Redskins W 240 27,722
    9 November 24, 1957 Los Angeles Rams W 4531 65,407
    10 December 1, 1957 Chicago Cardinals W 310 40,525
    11 December 8, 1957 at Detroit Lions L 207 55,814
    12 December 15, 1957 at New York Giants W 3428 54,294

Playoffs

Week Date Opponent Result Attendance
    Championship December 29, 1957 at Detroit Lions L 5914 55,263

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    He's about to break Jim Brown's rookie rushing record.

Awesome.

Now if they can get him a decent line to run behind...
    They need to beef up the line, but more than anything they need a legit passing attack.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

When I've watched Cleveland I've seen a pretty bad O-line. They rarely open up good holes for the RBs. If Trent had Houston's line he'd be leading the league in TDs and be averaging 100+ yards a game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

so now can we expext an article about Mark Ingam, Don'ta Hightower, Mark Baron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Julio Jones, Brad Smelley, John Parker Wilson, Roland McClain, and every single Bama player that player under Saban all saying they think he will stay?
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

apparently some idiot on yahoo wrote another article about how Saban is leaving.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    apparently some idiot on yahoo wrote another article about how Saban is leaving.
    I saw that. He reverse-engineered all of Saban's remarks to prove that he was having guilt about leaving. I figured it was the old principle that a southern TV weatherman can never go wrong forecasting snow. Hit it and you're a hero. Miss and no one remembers it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Trent Richardson's Opinion Of Saban Leaving Bama...

Trent has nothing to gain by not telling the truth. The rest of the Yahoo writers (pun intended) will continue to stir the pot because they can disingenuously label coach Saban is a "liar" tag until Armageddon. The media is so shallow and lacking in substance that they will continue to use that one press conference to define him, ignoring anything else he does of worth because of an agenda.

The media is big brother.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    They need to beef up the line, but more than anything they need a legit passing attack.

Is Weeden the answer? Or is he the least-worst QB they have...I don't watch a ton of NFL.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    Is Weeden the answer? Or is he the least-worst QB they have...I don't watch a ton of NFL.
    IMO, Weeden is going to be a good one. They need to add a big time WR and a couple of OL's and they will be a legitimate NFL offense.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    I hope he erases Jim Brown from the record book. It isn't likely, but it would be nice to shut up that cranky old has-been.
    I wonder if he has an opinon of Saban ability as a head coach. He is still eating his words from the flapping his mouth at the beginning of the season concerning Richardson ability as a running back in the NFL. The man is jerk. I had the pleasure of sitting beside him on a flight from Newark to LAX in 1993. He just confirmed he hasnt changed in all these years. Funny thing is I never thought he would. Sorry I hijacked the thread...
    Last edited by bama2112; December 21st, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    I wonder if he has an opinon of Saban ability as a head coach. He is still eating his words from the flapping his mouth at the beginning of the season concerning Richardson ability as a running back in the NFL. The man is jerk. I had the pleasure of sitting beside him on a flight from Newark to LAX in 1993. He just confirmed he hasnt changed in all these years. Funny thing is I never thought he would. Sorry I hijacked the thread...
    You didn't. Appreciate the insight...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Jim Brown was a great player and I don't hate him like a lot of you seem too (although, admittedly he's made some mistakes in his life. like most people). That said, he obviously played against inferior competition.