Link: Trent Richardson's Opinion Of Saban Leaving Bama...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Trent has nothing to gain by not telling the truth. The rest of the Yahoo writers (pun intended) will continue to stir the pot because they can disingenuously label coach Saban is a "liar" tag until Armageddon. The media is so shallow and lacking in substance that they will continue to use that one press conference to define him, ignoring anything else he does of worth because of an agenda.

The media is big brother.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Re: Trent Richardson's Opinion Of Saban Leaving Bama(link)

They need to beef up the line, but more than anything they need a legit passing attack.

Is Weeden the answer? Or is he the least-worst QB they have...I don't watch a ton of NFL.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Is Weeden the answer? Or is he the least-worst QB they have...I don't watch a ton of NFL.
IMO, Weeden is going to be a good one. They need to add a big time WR and a couple of OL's and they will be a legitimate NFL offense.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

I hope he erases Jim Brown from the record book. It isn't likely, but it would be nice to shut up that cranky old has-been.
I wonder if he has an opinon of Saban ability as a head coach. He is still eating his words from the flapping his mouth at the beginning of the season concerning Richardson ability as a running back in the NFL. The man is jerk. I had the pleasure of sitting beside him on a flight from Newark to LAX in 1993. He just confirmed he hasnt changed in all these years. Funny thing is I never thought he would. Sorry I hijacked the thread...

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I wonder if he has an opinon of Saban ability as a head coach. He is still eating his words from the flapping his mouth at the beginning of the season concerning Richardson ability as a running back in the NFL. The man is jerk. I had the pleasure of sitting beside him on a flight from Newark to LAX in 1993. He just confirmed he hasnt changed in all these years. Funny thing is I never thought he would. Sorry I hijacked the thread...
You didn't. Appreciate the insight...

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012

Jim Brown was a great player and I don't hate him like a lot of you seem too (although, admittedly he's made some mistakes in his life. like most people). That said, he obviously played against inferior competition.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Jim Brown was a great player and I don't hate him like a lot of you seem too (although, admittedly he's made some mistakes in his life. like most people). That said, he obviously played against inferior competition.
I don't think there's hate for JB. I think a lot of people are dismayed by some of the life choices he's made. His dog in the manger comments when Trent was drafted are really the burr under the saddle for most of us, although he's tried to back off them. He was a great player for his era. For this era, he's a "tweener.'

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012

Oh, I didn't see his comments. Yeah, pretty dumb. Let his ego get the best of him I guess. It's hard for me to believe anyone could have watched Trent last year and think he's "ordinary."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Oh, I didn't see his comments. Yeah, pretty dumb. Let his ego get the best of him I guess. It's hard for me to believe anyone could have watched Trent last year and think he's "ordinary."
His ego is, um, "legendary..." ;)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

There is obviously a little more to it than the media refusing to let it die. Of course, the guy reporting he's vetting a staff for his NFL job seems to not realize that he could simply be looking for replacements for potential openings on his staff here at Alabama that we already know about (Pruitt) and some we may not know about until after the season. Anyway, something is going on here like when the Saban to Bama story refused to die back in late 2007.

I think Saban may honestly be uninterested but he's giving a similar response to the NFL suitors that he did to Alabama in 2007: I'm not talking to anyone until after the season. This may be instilling some hope from the interested franchises and keeping the story from relenting. There is some reason why this story won't just die. It could just be a Sexton power play for a record-setting contract extension for any coach pro or college.

Recruiting hasn't had any downtrack due to fear of departure, so I get the feeling that Saban is truly unlikely to leave. It has to have been a discussion point for Robert Foster the last few weeks and he pulled the trigger for us unexpectedly. I'm leaning towards Saban's refusal to speak to other teams mid-season being a big reason for this...he won't talk to them and flat out deny their offer because he's consumed with the job at hand. Remember the whole reason we offered RichRod was because Saban's agent expressly said he would entertain no offers or discussion until after the season. I think Sexton is just playing this for an epic contract extension which I have no doubt will happen after the season. I think we may see Saban's per year salary equal the highest paid NFL coach some time next year.

edit: Belichick is paid 7.5mil/year in New England. I think it would be worth it to give Saban a similar contract number. It would certainly declare that Saban has no reason to leave Alabama for money.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

After winning 3 BCS titles in 4 years he will deserve to be the highest paid coach in football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.