Oregon Anticipates a Hearing with NCAA

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This case, Alabama's own in the early 2000s, and the previous USC sanctions were all slow moving investigations. The Ohio State and Penn State deals were insanely fast and mostly aided by the news media and police handing them all the needed evidence. When it isn't criminally involved with the state, the NCAA has to methodically work around these things without subpoena power.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
This comment at the bottom of the article sums it up best..

"The NCAA needs to be investigated for their lack of consistent punishment"..

Last edited:

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I can see the future...OU is completely innocent, Chip Kelly knows absolutely nothing and was totally unaware of anything, but he couldn't pass up this great opportunity to coach in the NFL. Now if I could just see those darned lottery numbers...hahahaha.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The NCAA speaks of the "integrity of the process" as if they understand what the word integrity means.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think Chip Kelly may pull a Pete Carroll shortly. :wink:
The NCAA investigation has been used as a reason for Kelly departing to the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I would like to see how Chip Kelly would fare in the NFL. It seems like an odd fit from a style of play standpoint.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I think his scheme would work, but I'm not sure if his quarterback would survive.
The thing I wonder about more than the scheme is how the extremely fast pace would work in terms of substitutions and practices with only 53 players on an active roster and only 45 players available for each game. The Patriots have used an up-tempo offense effectively this year, but it's not at the same pace that Kelly likes to use.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.