Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: JUCO OT Leon Brown signs with Alabama (Enrolling in January)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    When Jason Allen enrolled at UT as an EE, he stated that he got to practice for the bowl game and could even get in on a few plays. I don't think his understanding was correct though.
    Only in the NHL playoffs can they do something like that. Wait a minute - the what???

MG

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Ever noticed that Coach Saban seems to really like Juco Offensive tackles and nose guards. Wonder what's up with that?

He likes best available even if it's one year at a time.

Not for sure Sip, but I hope it has something to do with the fact that CNS sees next year as another championship type year and he knows we might be a tad short on experienced offensive linemen and, in this case, Brown is a bridge from Fluker to Shepherd or some other inexperienced position.

One thing is for sure, with AJ returning and our bad to the bone receiver core and a very young defense that should only get better next year, the O-line is the one group that may hold the keys to another championship in their hands!

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by buzzincuzzin View Post
    He likes best available even if it's one year at a time.
    True...but those two positions seem to stand out. Of course he's signed a couple of juco corners as well so I might be thinking too much..

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    True...but those two positions seem to stand out. Of course he's signed a couple of juco corners as well so I might be thinking too much..
    i think youre overthinking it, he goes for need when he recruits the JUCO ranks, I think its mostly coincidence.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Not for sure Sip, but I hope it has something to do with the fact that CNS sees next year as another championship type year and he knows we might be a tad short on experienced offensive linemen and, in this case, Brown is a bridge from Fluker to Shepherd or some other inexperienced position.

One thing is for sure, with AJ returning and our bad to the bone receiver core and a very young defense that should only get better next year, the O-line is the one group that may hold the keys to another championship in their hands!
    Well I know Offensive tackle in particular is one position where you don't like inexperience unless you have an extremely gifted youngster like Cyrus K.
    Since most Juco players are Division 1 guys who didn't qualify grade wise...I guess it makes sense to look for one of the highest rated JC OT's. That's almost like signing a five star out of high school except with two years of experience under his belt.