Thread: NFL QB Wins

BamaNation Second Team bamamanatpurdue's Avatar

NFL QB Wins

With Greg McElroy starting this week for the Jets it made me start thinking about the last time an Alabama QB won a game as a starter in the NFL. I don't think Brodie won one. Rutledge? Todd? Just curious.
    Bama Man Lost in Michigan

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: NFL QB Wins

Per Wiki on Rutledge: "His finest moment as a professional player came when as a member of the Redskins he came off the bench in a game versus the Detroit Lions in 1990. Trailing 35-14 with 10:37 left in the third quarter Rutledge replaced an ineffective Stan Humphries and led a great comeback. He completied 30 of 42 passes for 363 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 12 yards for the game tying touchdown with only 24 seconds remaining. In overtime, he hit Art Monk with a vital 40 yard pass on third and 15 to help set up Chip Lohmiller's game winning field goal."
    Remember reading about the game but didn't realize that he hadn't even played a half.
    Last edited by catsbane; December 19th, 2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: clarity

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamanatpurdue View Post
    With Greg McElroy starting this week for the Jets it made me start thinking about the last time an Alabama QB won a game as a starter in the NFL. I don't think Brodie won one. Rutledge? Todd? Just curious.
    Correct. Brodie did not win a game as a starter.