2013 OL Austin Golson Updates (FSU Commit)

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I don't think that it has anything to do with "leaning" anywhere. I think he doesn't want to work for it, and Alabama presents too much work. I think he has a good chance at ending at *U now..
He comes from a very good HS program; work isn't the issue. He's just never shown much interest in us.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
First off, nothing against Golson. Fine kid, I'm sure. Some, though, don't like the practice/workouts/anything but playing in games. I played with a ton of guys who would practice at less than half speed, but turned it on for games. That's not that unusual. Not everyone is wired to be able to tough out the workload Alabama requires. Andre Smith didn't like working... still doesn't, yet he starts in the NFL. Bo Jackson hated practice, said so himself. I love Alabama with all my being, but I wouldn't make it there under Saban... I think Golson knows he has an easier road, and the ability needed, to play. I could care less if he comes to Bama one way or the other. Like any recruit on the board, if they come...great. if not, oh well...

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
Hasn't he been committed to FSU for almost 2 years? Maybe he just likes it there. The do have some hotties on that campus. Don't believe me? Just ask Mushburger...We will find us an O=lineman and be just fine.

rammerjammer69

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2009
Based on his statements after the visit, doesn't look like he was ever really considering us. If Bama is not for him after winning 3 of 4 NC's with the dominant OL we just put on display a week ago, there's not much more we can do. It's certainly not an issue of us winning or developing OL to be high NFL draft picks. Maybe he wants to go somewhere to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond-the process is not for everyone.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Do you know why there are a million flavors of Ice Cream? Not everybody likes the same flavor.

Golson doesn't care for the Capstone, more power to him!

We don't have but about 5-6 slots left........................and we will find 5-6 that will be proud to take that slot.:cool:

Can we close this thread now? :rolleyes:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Hate to miss out on what appears to be a fine prospect. He came, he didn't like, he will go elsewhere. Not a big deal. He hasn't led anyone on or anything. Kind of refreshing.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Very strange comments from him yesterday, to put it mildly, especially considering he had been showing a good deal of interest in us. My intuition is that he was miffed that we placed a greater emphasis on Tunsil, and that is the real source of the issue here.

Either way, with him talking about about still taking other official visits, I don't get the feeling he will end up at FSU either. Saying he's afraid of competition is too much, but it seems fairly clear that he wants to go to a school that intends on making him their long-term LT.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Very strange comments from him yesterday, to put it mildly, especially considering he had been showing a good deal of interest in us. My intuition is that he was miffed that we placed a greater emphasis on Tunsil, and that is the real source of the issue here.

Either way, with him talking about about still taking other official visits, I don't get the feeling he will end up at FSU either. Saying he's afraid of competition is too much, but it seems fairly clear that he wants to go to a school that intends on making him their long-term LT.
I've been hearing that elsewhere...

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I've heard that he grew up and au fan??
If this is true, no real surprise he Didnt come away with glowing comments, especially if its true we have Tunsil higher and he knows it

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I've heard that he grew up and au fan??
If this is true, no real surprise he Didnt come away with glowing comments, especially if its true we have Tunsil higher and he knows it
I heard the *U fan for the first time recently also. Combine FSU commit, Barn fan and not getting enough attention and there you have his comments. Good luck to you Austin.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I don't understand why both he and Tunsil would be scheduled for the same visit unless if that was the only weekend that fit both players schedule.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
I was not that impressed with Golson at the Under Armour game or work-outs. He's definitely good, but not Bama star material.....and that's what we are recruiting these days. I say we use that spot for another, even if it is not OL.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

What is it with the Nancy-Boy attitude of some kids these days? Video games??:biggrin:

Seriously though, lots of girly feelings with some of these young men it seems. I guess I'm from a different era and just don't get the hurt feelings thingy.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I have no problem with kids not "feeling it" for the Tide. That's OK. Believe me, there are plenty of kids who are impressed with the coaches, facilities, academics, and on the field achievements with a pipeline into the NFL for the very best. I guess 3 OL slated to go in the first two rounds of the NFL draft doesn't impress him. Oh, well!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.