2013 OL Austin Golson Updates (FSU Commit)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Couldn't see an individual thread... If I over looked one, please merge!

As most know he is visiting Tuscaloosa on an OV in January. TIFWIW, but it seems he is favoring UA to FSU. He is apparently waiting to see the direction of another recruit, Laremy Tunsil. There have also been recent rumblings that he is considering UNC, and they could be a dark horse if he doesn't flip to Bama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I meant to post the article last week, but the Montgomery Advertiser had an article talking about Austin being very committed to FSU. Not sure how honest he was in his comments. This is recruiting after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

As most know he is visiting Tuscaloosa on an OV in January. TIFWIW, but it seems he is favoring UA to FSU. He is apparently waiting to see the direction of another recruit, Laremy Tunsil. There have also been recent rumblings that he is considering UNC, and they could be a dark horse if he doesn't flip to Bama.

OK. I guess he wants to be the "featured" lineman?? :biggrin:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

As of last week, he had only cracked the door for us. Far from a lean.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Golson will be in Tuscaloosa this weekend (along with Laremy Tunsil). Dameyune Craig WAS his main recruiter at FSU, but since he has moved on to *U it may work to our favor. Golson has said he will visit the Barn too, but said "I don't think that will affect my decision".

I still think, despite what anyone else says, he is closer to being an Alabama lean then some (including Tunsil). He played very well at the Army All American Bowl, beating out Laremy for starting position in the game..

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Wasn't he an Awbarn fan? With Craig going to them and Craig being his main recruiter that convinced him to commit to FSU, I would think that they have a decent chance at him too.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Wasn't he an Awbarn fan? With Craig going to them and Craig being his main recruiter that convinced him to commit to FSU, I would think that they have a decent chance at him too.

He didn't seem very enthused about them in his interview, just that he would at least visit. It may be a smoke screen though...you never know when *U, Craig, and Teenagers are involved

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
A headline on another site says that he was far from thrilled with his visit. Geez. Unusual to have a kid come out and say anything negative, but I can't read the whole thing so maybe it is out of context?

rtr

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
I can't read it either, but I wonder if he was told that he couldn't commit right away, possibly because we're still holding out for Tunsil?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think that it has anything to do with "leaning" anywhere. I think he doesn't want to work for it, and Alabama presents too much work. I think he has a good chance at ending at *U now..
He doesn't want to work for it? You have got to be kidding. He played at Prattville, and I can tell you there's plenty of working for it at PHS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I don't think that it has anything to do with "leaning" anywhere. I think he doesn't want to work for it, and Alabama presents too much work. I think he has a good chance at ending at *U now..
He took the visit out of pressure. He was always going to have a bad time. Has nothing to do with work.

megalurch69

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Or maybe he just wasn't thrilled? I guess it can happen.

rtr
Basically he said he didn't feel comfortable and at home the visit. He said the coaches are taking one for OL and would like if he came. He said that he just didn't feel it and that he was basically eliminating Bama! Says he is still committed to FSU.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Just once I would love to read a thread that doesn't challenge the character of a teenager who chooses to play somewhere else.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.