Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Latest Bama News 12/20/12

This is Where the football season never ends! Bama News first, and foremost,
    interesting SEC news, and salient football news:

Assembly required-TideSports

Stallings succeeded with an interesting mixture of his own recruits - especially among the true sophomore class - and those who were already there when he arrived.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 12/20/12

Alabama announced the signing of junior-college offensive lineman Leon Brown to a national letter of intent Wednesday to start play football beginning in the 2013 season
    Brown, whom
    Rivals.com lists as 6-foot-6 and 315 pounds, is one of three offensive linemen currently slated to play at Alabama next season, joining high school commitments Grant Hill (Huntsville) and Bradley Bozeman (Roanoke).

Alabama announces signing Brown-BamaonLine

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"Everything you do in life, you want to be remembered," Square says. "And that's one thing I'll be remembered for ... team captain of the team that's going to play in Miami."
    Being named captains a highlight for Tide's Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack and Damion Square-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

A bevy of links from the newspapers and websites that cover the Fighting Irish.
    What they're saying at Notre Dame one day before the Fighting Irish break for Christmas (links)--al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Editor’s note: Each day between now and Alabama's date with Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship, we will review the season for a key Crimson Tide player or coach and attempt to project what’s next for him. Today we’ll look at tight end Michael Williams.

Tracking the Tide: Michael Williams-TideNation ESPN

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Trent Richardson would be surprised if Nick Saban followed him from Alabama to the Cleveland Browns. Saban, who will lead the Crimson Tide against Notre Dame in the BCS national championship game in Miami on Jan. 7, has been mentioned as returning to the NFL, perhaps with the Browns if second-year coach Pat Shurmur is fired at season's end. "I can't see him coming to the NFL," Richardson said Wednesday. "I would be very shocked." And Richardson knows the coach quite well. After all, he was a standout running back for Saban at Alabama before being selected in the first round by Cleveland in April. Richardson ran for 1,679 yards last season for the Crimson Tide. "How can you get tired of winning," Richardson asked. "He's got so much going there. He has no reason to leave. He gets what he needs and he treats his program like the NFL (anyway). He makes sure his players are prepared for the game and prepared for the next level when the time comes."
    Richardson thinks Saban will stay at Alabama - CBS 42 Birmingham, AL News Weather Sports

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The SEC's national championship dominance -- and the possibility of ending it -- has been the leading storyline in college football for the past few years, and when the Discover BCS National Championship rolls around, a large contingent of people above the Mason-Dixon Line will be rooting for Notre Dame to put an end to the SEC's run when the Fighting Irish take on Alabama in Miami. But even if Alabama falls short, the SEC's postseason dominance won't just fade away. No, this conference has been cleaning up during bowl season outside of just racking up crystal. The SEC's dominance has consumed the entire postseason experience. Some people like to knock the SEC's credibility when it comes to its actual strength during the past six years. Some argue that the league is too top-heavy and that as good as the top might be, it can get very ugly at the bottom. But during the SEC's commanding run, all 12 SEC teams (excluding Missouri and Texas A&M) reached at least two bowl games and each one had at least one postseason victory. When this year's bowl season is over, five SEC teams will have been to at least five bowl games since 2008 and eight will have gone to at least six bowls since 2003, with Florida, Georgia and LSU all going to 10.
    SEC's postseason dominance goes beyond BCS titles -- college football - ESPN

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Get the latest on all 14 teams around the Southeastern Conference in our Thursday edition of SEC links
    What they're saying around the SEC on Thursday (links)-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama has signed junior college offensive lineman Leon Brown, who will enroll in time to begin classes in January. Brown, who is 6-foot-8 and 308 pounds, will participate in offseason conditioning and spring practice. Brown is from Riverdale, Md., but played the last two years at ASA College in New York City. The Avengers went 9-0 in the regular season before losing 47-21 to Snow College in the Carrier Dome Bowl. Brown was a second-team All-Northeast Football Conference selection in 2012 at tackle.

Tide signs junior college player out of New York (two videos)-Daily Bama Blog

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama's Kirby Smart ranks third nationally among the highest paid assistant coaches for 2012. USA Today published a comprehensive survey of salaries, most of which included public-school data that is subject to open records requests.

How Alabama’s coaches stack up salary-wise-Daily Bama Blog

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The SEC doubled its presence at the Senior Bowl in one day. Earlier today, the all-star game confirmed that five more players from the SEC had accepted invitations to play in Mobile on Jan. 26.

SEC contingent for 2013 Senior Bowl increases to 10 players-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com