LSU Punter Brad Wing Suspended For Chick-fil-A Bowl; Going Pro

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Re: LSU Punter Brad Wing Suspended For Chick-fil-A Bowl

It sounds like there is a culture of use that needs to be addressed before it destroys their program.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

It was clear to all who were in New Orleans last year during the week leading up to the BCS game that there was NO discipline on that team and it was proven in the game and the events that have happend since. I think ole les tries to be their buddy. That doesn't work very well. Just ask the barn...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Miles eats grass; the players smoke it.

Wing was asked if he preferred grass or turf (like in the Superdome). He said he couldn't say because he'd never smoked any turf.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

That culture exists throughout the college ranks. It's not an LSU problem.
nor is it a recent problem, or just an athletic problem.

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I'd be lying if I said that I'm not experiencing just the tiniest bit of schadenfreude at this news.

IIRC, this is the arrogant mouthpiece who ran down the field after his first punt in the NCG and talked trash to Maze.

And while Maze pulled his hammy on his next punt return - it was, I believe, the longest punt return against the Who's last year.

So, as far as I'm concerned, looks good on ya, buddy.

And good riddance...

:)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It was clear to all who were in New Orleans last year during the week leading up to the BCS game that there was NO discipline on that team and it was proven in the game and the events that have happend since. I think ole les tries to be their buddy. That doesn't work very well. Just ask the barn...
So he's sort of like mark richt, except he can occasionally win a big game ;)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

pretty soon every college is going to start losing recruits to Colorado and Washington schools.

I was wondering how that was gonna work...

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN

Wing's performance went down this year Last year he was first team AA. Still a pretty decent punter but much more inconsistent

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Wing's performance went down this year Last year he was first team AA. Still a pretty decent punter but much more inconsistent
it may be, with honey badger off the team, he lost his supply for the diggity and he just cant put the mojo on the ball like he used to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.