Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Born2Roll's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

DB Coach Candidates per Scout

I didn't see this posted. Scout is reporting that Josh Conklin, Bill Busch, and Derrick Ansley have been approached by Alabama for the DB coach position. It's a free article with links to their bios. Thoughts?

http://alabama.scout.com/2/1250818.html
    "There's a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success." -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DB Coach Candidates per Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Roll View Post
    I didn't see this posted. Scout is reporting that Josh Conklin, Bill Busch, and Derrick Ansley have been approached by Alabama for the DB coach position. It's a free article with links to their bios. Thoughts?

http://alabama.scout.com/2/1250818.html
    The "real" DB coach is Saban, although he works primarily with the corners...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team Born2Roll's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The "real" DB coach is Saban, although he works primarily with the corners...
    Earle, Do you think Saban will select the best candidate in terms of recruiting given his involvement with the DBs?
    "There's a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success." -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I wonder if Saban will hire someone from inside in terms of a grad assistant?

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, the last time this source meaningfully jumped into the coaching carousel market, they were reporting that Chris Hatcher was coming to 'Bama as OC and 'Bama was going to the Air Raid. So, yeah.

We'll see who it is, but I kind of believe Sigler gets the job.
    Last edited by BigEasyTider; December 20th, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Roll View Post
    Earle, Do you think Saban will select the best candidate in terms of recruiting given his involvement with the DBs?
    I think he balances it. To me, Pruitt was a bit of a strange choice, given the thinness of his resume'. CJP's rise can only be called "meteoric." I'll always trust his judgment, though...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiderollin32 View Post
    I wonder if Saban will hire someone from inside in terms of a grad assistant?
    Kelvin Sigler is on the staff. I wonder if he would get the position.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    FWIW, the last time this source meaningfully jumped into the coaching carousel market, they were reporting that Chris Hatcher was coming to 'Bama as OC and 'Bama was going to the Air Raid. So, yeah.

We'll see who it is, but I kind of believe Sigler gets the job.
    I think Sigler makes the most sense in terms of taking over Jeremy Pruitt's recruiting territory.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneGrad06 View Post
    I think Sigler makes the most sense in terms of taking over Jeremy Pruitt's recruiting territory.
    That territory will probably go back to Lance Thompson, since it was his before joining UT. Thompson did okay there: Julio Jones, Mark Barron, Trent Richardson, Robert Lester.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That territory will probably go back to Lance Thompson, since it was his before joining UT. Thompson did okay there: Julio Jones, Mark Barron, Trent Richardson, Robert Lester.
    I'm not so certain that will be the case.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American buzzincuzzin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kelvin finish his degree yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneGrad06 View Post
    I'm not so certain that will be the case.
    Maybe not, but Thompson is a strong recruiter and has established relationships in that area. It makes the most sense to me, but CNS will have it covered, either way.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

DB Coach Candidates per Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, he was really turning it out when he was on the job. I expect he'll continue.
    ROLL TIDE!