Link: DB Coach Candidates per Scout

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
FWIW, the last time this source meaningfully jumped into the coaching carousel market, they were reporting that Chris Hatcher was coming to 'Bama as OC and 'Bama was going to the Air Raid. So, yeah.

We'll see who it is, but I kind of believe Sigler gets the job.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Earle, Do you think Saban will select the best candidate in terms of recruiting given his involvement with the DBs?
I think he balances it. To me, Pruitt was a bit of a strange choice, given the thinness of his resume'. CJP's rise can only be called "meteoric." I'll always trust his judgment, though...

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
FWIW, the last time this source meaningfully jumped into the coaching carousel market, they were reporting that Chris Hatcher was coming to 'Bama as OC and 'Bama was going to the Air Raid. So, yeah.

We'll see who it is, but I kind of believe Sigler gets the job.
I think Sigler makes the most sense in terms of taking over Jeremy Pruitt's recruiting territory.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
What about Hoover U and ex-Bama player Josh Niblett. He already recruits at Hoover-LOL. Seriously I think he would be an excellent canidate and with the respect he has in the high school ranks he would be an excellent recruiter.

TerryR

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2011
Wetumpka, AL
Not to be condescending; however, these guys sound like no-names to me. Any chance Derrick Dooley might be considered given his prior assocation with Saban at LSU? I think he handled recruting there and it seems that fits since that was something Pruitt was heavily involved in at the Captstone. I read where Dooley's contract money was guaranteed so that might not restrict him from taking a job if he wanted to.

TerryR

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2011
Wetumpka, AL
Not to be condescending; however, these guys sound like no-names to me. Any chance Derrick Dooley might be considered given his prior assocation with Saban at LSU? I think he handled recruting there and it seems that fits since that was something Pruitt was heavily involved in at the Captstone. I read where Dooley's contract money was guaranteed so that might not restrict him from taking a job if he wanted to.
Perhaps I shot from the hip. Joseph's bio from Nebraska looks pretty good and it appears he has worked with Dooley before. I probably should have said inexperienced vice no-names. Perhaps that was a little too strongly worded. No offense intended to any of the candidates.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Perhaps I shot from the hip. Joseph's bio from Nebraska looks pretty good and it appears he has worked with Dooley before. I probably should have said inexperienced vice no-names. Perhaps that was a little too strongly worded. No offense intended to any of the candidates.
As far as college experience goes, Jeremy Pruitt was a "no-name" when he got the job too.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.