Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Roll Tide 00's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive1 on TideFans.com

Who exactly are these people that are saying the title game won't be close?

Every interview with every talking head/media that i've heard are saying it will be closer than what people think.So if everyone is saying that who and where are these people that are predicting a blowout?They always start out saying"no one is giving ND a chance" and "everyone is predicting Alabama to crush ND".But i have yet to hear anyone actually say that.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who exactly are these people that are saying the title game won't be close?

The only thing I can think of is that they are saying it will be closer than the spread

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Well , I'll say it . I think it's going to be a blowout ! rtr...

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Me neither. Most people in the media are talking up Notre Dame's chances much more than Alabama's. I've heard enough about how great Notre Dame's front seven is to make me want to puke.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Tim Brando yesterday said that we would cover the spread and he figured ND would keep it a game for about 2.5 quarters, or until the adjustments were made and applied.

I never say a game is going to be a wipeout nor do I think that here. However - if this were ANY OTHER TEAM except Notre Dame with the same stats, we would be told about how one-sided the game was going to be.

Just like the way Nebraska wiped the floor with Miami in the 1984 Orange Bowl.

:13

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, about mid season I started pulling for ND to finish undefeated so we could play them in the Title game. When I wished for that they were winning (and continued to do so) by slim margins with a lot of luck.

But I don't think ND got to where they are with just "the luck of the Irish." I believe they got to where they are now with the "team" attitude and I believe because they have demonstrated this quality they are a quality opponent.

That said, it appears (even by outsiders) that we have much more talent. Talent alone doesn't win and if we were a bunch of renegades that had won by just talent alone I'd be more concerned.

But here's what will make the difference: Alabama is a unit that plays "team ball" too and to boot we are very talented. We've won just like ND this year, but with even better athletes and by larger margins.

I expect this trend will carry over to the NC game and I figure it will be a tight game and Bama eventually pulls away in the second half.

I think this is what people are seeing and expecting and the talking heads are trying to talk up a way for ND to beat Bama.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide 00 View Post
    Every interview with every talking head/media that i've heard are saying it will be closer than what people think.So if everyone is saying that who and where are these people that are predicting a blowout?They always start out saying"no one is giving ND a chance" and "everyone is predicting Alabama to crush ND".But i have yet to hear anyone actually say that.
    Look no further than a lot of folks on this board.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I keep playing the game over in my head -- and I keep coming up with

Bama 30
    ND 13

I just don't see their offense giving us the trouble that some of the teams we have played have given us. I see lots of 3 and outs -- and I think time wears down their Front 7 -- I also think we score a non-offense TD.....
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    You know, about mid season I started pulling for ND to finish undefeated so we could play them in the Title game. When I wished for that they were winning (and continued to do so) by slim margins with a lot of luck.

But I don't think ND got to where they are with just "the luck of the Irish." I believe they got to where they are now with the "team" attitude and I believe because they have demonstrated this quality they are a quality opponent.

That said, it appears (even by outsiders) that we have much more talent. Talent alone doesn't win and if we were a bunch of renegades that had won by just talent alone I'd be more concerned.

But here's what will make the difference: Alabama is a unit that plays "team ball" too and to boot we are very talented. We've won just like ND this year, but with even better athletes and by larger margins.

I expect this trend will carry over to the NC game and I figure it will be a tight game and Bama eventually pulls away in the second half.

I think this is what people are seeing and expecting and the talking heads are trying to talk up a way for ND to beat Bama.
    This is a pretty nice summation of things, IMO...

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post
    Look no further than a lot of folks on this board.
    Isnt this a true statement...

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I will say it right now, if we play the kind of football we are capable of we will win big. Hell, if we play like we did against Georgia we will win by 14+.
    Last edited by Neos; December 20th, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Not in terms of attitude or arrogance....not in terms of players, coaches, or programs in general.....but part of me wonders how much we have in common with Miami fans in 1992. It's just a fear in the back of my mind.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAntiOrange View Post
    Not in terms of attitude or arrogance....not in terms of players, coaches, or programs in general.....but part of me wonders how much we have in common with Miami fans in 1992. It's just a fear in the back of my mind.
    as long as the teams not acting like Miami players wre in 1992, we're good...

we, as fans, arent playing in the game....thus have no impact on performance of the team on 7 January.