Who exactly are these people that are saying the title game won't be close?

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
as long as the teams not acting like Miami players wre in 1992, we're good...

we, as fans, arent playing in the game....thus have no impact on performance of the team on 7 January.
Right....I just meant that Miami at that time had won a couple of recent titles....we were just a team with a poor offense and stout defense that didn't win with a lot of style. I remember how sick I was of Miami then....how badly I wanted us to win....how much it meant to us at the time in terms of being 'back' on the national stage. Just seems like we're on the opposite side now.

That being said....I fully expect us to win by 10 or more. RTR

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
The BCS talking heads and ESPN are talking up ND as an underdog to get people to watch. No matter how much talent either side has, the team that puts it all together for 60 minutes on Jan 7th will win. Just look at the Sugar Bowl in 2009.

ND as a national brand and not playing for a championship in so long is a great story and the fact that they can talk up ND as having a chance to beat Bama (history and another national brand) and the SEC (finally!), then they are going to continue to push buttons with vague references.

I am sure each player in each locker room could care less who is favored. From the interviews I have seen and read, they respect Bama and our players respect them. The players are not worried about who won the previous games between the 2 schools. I think it is safe to say that the last time Bama played ND in football, none of the players on either side were born (1987) unless some of the players are 25+.

I chose 24-10 for Bama in the score thread, and think Bama scores late to give that margin.

ND does not have UGA or UT's offense so I dont think they can put up #s against our D. I think we can score and limit the turnovers on our end. I don't think it will be a blowout (+21), but I do think we lead ND in all 3 phases.

Plus our players have been there, ND has not and neither has their coach!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Look no further than a lot of folks on this board. :)
I confess. Guilty as charged.

Bama's on top, we are in the middle of an incredible run. Once again, Bama has the undisputed king of college coaches. If that translates into me having a little swagger, excuse me while I enjoy myself. :) I can't help it.

I'm looking for Bama to put on one of these trademark football clinics like they are prone to doing in the big games. It's not unusual for a Saban coached team to finish the season playing very good football.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Right....I just meant that Miami at that time had won a couple of recent titles....we were just a team with a poor offense and stout defense that didn't win with a lot of style. I remember how sick I was of Miami then....how badly I wanted us to win....how much it meant to us at the time in terms of being 'back' on the national stage. Just seems like we're on the opposite side now.

That being said....I fully expect us to win by 10 or more. RTR
No doubt that there are some noticeable comparisons between the ND offense of 2012 and Bama's in '92. The big difference is CNS's teams will not enter the game with a cocky attitude thinking all they gotta do is show up so there's the big difference in Alabama in 2012 and Miami in '92.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Check the LSU and Georgia boards, they are saying it won't be close either, we win by more than 14. I'll err on the side of caution, I've watched ND play as much as I could this year and they have a great defense. Offense struggles some but if Golson starts playing like Mett did against us it won't be a blowout. Two intangibles we have, in my opinion, is that fact that it is in Miami and will be warm and humid (or should be) and we have been in these type of games before. I think it's close until midway through the 3rd Qtr and then they will begin to tire, much more than we will.
I've spent many a January in Miami. The temp will be pleasant & mild. The typical southern "heat & humidity" will not be a factor in this game.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I will say it right now, if we play the kind of football we are capable of we will win big. Hell, if we play like we did against Georgia we will win by 14+.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you think that we can have a few untimely penalties, have a FG blocked for a TD, have a few turnovers, give up a first down on a fake punt, and give up over 400 yards of offense and beat Notre Dame? I hope you are right, but I hope we play a near flawless game so we don't have to worry about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.