Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Cj Mosley to return

Here's a story about CJ's returning. Link

Consensus first-team All-America linebacker? Check.

Voted by the players as the team’s most valuable player? Check.

Chance to play for a second straight national championship? Check.

Even with all of that, C.J. Mosley announced Thursday he will return to Alabama for his senior season, partly because he still has two unchecked goals to reach. He wants to graduate, which he said he will do next December. That remains his most important goal.

As for the second goal, it’s something most would’ve figured he reached a long time ago: Earning a spot on Alabama’s first-team defense.

“I want to be a first-year starter, officially,” Mosley said.

Mosley was on the field for the first defensive snap for eight of the Tide’s 13 games, but that was because of the requirements of whatever defense Alabama needed that particular day. The Crimson Tide coaches never listed him as a first-team linebacker all year, because his strength is in pass defense, rather than against the run. . Sophomore Trey DePriest and senior Nico Johnson hold the two inside linebacker spots.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement

Good to hear his first goal is graduation. Kinda rare these days.

Even if he goes to the NFL, a good education will help him live a more well rounded life after football!

Staying because two personal goals have not yet been met.

Best thing I've read this week. Hooray.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    This is great news fer sure! He will no doubt be our leader on defense next year. The team roster I have lists CJ as 6'2", 232 lbs. Do you think he could put on 10-15 lbs without hurting his speed? And would that help his draft status for next year?
    Extra weight might not be to his advantage. More times than not the personal measurement data published at the college level is slightly inflated. Is he really 6'2" at 232 lbs. or more likely around 6' and 220? My thinking is that he may be a candidate for safety at the next level. Definitely has the intelligence and talent to put himself in the right position at the right time but does he have the closing speed for the position?

RTR!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

i will not relax until after the deadline to declare has passed. a player could always change their mind.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Cj Mosley to return

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    i will not relax until after the deadline to declare has passed. a player could always change their mind.
    He's not changing. He's not that kind of person unless something catastrophic happens. He'll be running things next season.
    ROLL TIDE!

I have stood shoulder to should with CJ, he is 6'2 or right at it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post
    Extra weight might not be to his advantage. More times than not the personal measurement data published at the college level is slightly inflated. Is he really 6'2" at 232 lbs. or more likely around 6' and 220? My thinking is that he may be a candidate for safety at the next level. Definitely has the intelligence and talent to put himself in the right position at the right time but does he have the closing speed for the position?

RTR!!!
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post

RTR!!!
    I just don't see it, brother. The NFL will definitely have a place for him at linebacker, maybe not MLB, but CJ with his athleticism and instincts could be a heckuva weakside guy. He's the total package IMO. So glad to have him back.

RTR
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    I have stood shoulder to should with CJ, he is 6'2 or right at it.
    That's only if you're 6'2, and how do we know that?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    The Mobile Region Trio returns........A.J.,C.J.,& T.J. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    Would love to add DJ to that list.

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

CJ coming back will be huge for us next year. Our defense next season should look more like the 2011 version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    CJ coming back will be huge for us next year. Our defense next season should look more like the 2011 version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yup. D line has some turnaround, but that shouldn't be a problem. But with a lot of guys coming back from the secondary rotation, and LB corps, it's going to be hard to beat them, and those are the areas to worry about on the defense.

2013 is shaping up to be one of those very very great teams. You never know how the ball bounces on Saturdays in the future, but offensively they're loaded at skill positions and will have one of the best OTs in the nation on the line.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Cj Mosley to return

The defense will need him. We lose our whole D-line this year. Having that experience will be great. We do have some good ones like DJ Pettway filling those spots, however.
    ROLL TIDE!