Cj Mosley to return

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
This is great news fer sure! He will no doubt be our leader on defense next year. The team roster I have lists CJ as 6'2", 232 lbs. Do you think he could put on 10-15 lbs without hurting his speed? And would that help his draft status for next year?
Extra weight might not be to his advantage. More times than not the personal measurement data published at the college level is slightly inflated. Is he really 6'2" at 232 lbs. or more likely around 6' and 220? My thinking is that he may be a candidate for safety at the next level. Definitely has the intelligence and talent to put himself in the right position at the right time but does he have the closing speed for the position?

RTR!!!

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I have stood shoulder to should with CJ, he is 6'2 or right at it.

Extra weight might not be to his advantage. More times than not the personal measurement data published at the college level is slightly inflated. Is he really 6'2" at 232 lbs. or more likely around 6' and 220? My thinking is that he may be a candidate for safety at the next level. Definitely has the intelligence and talent to put himself in the right position at the right time but does he have the closing speed for the position?

RTR!!!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

RTR!!!
I just don't see it, brother. The NFL will definitely have a place for him at linebacker, maybe not MLB, but CJ with his athleticism and instincts could be a heckuva weakside guy. He's the total package IMO. So glad to have him back.

RTR

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
CJ coming back will be huge for us next year. Our defense next season should look more like the 2011 version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
CJ coming back will be huge for us next year. Our defense next season should look more like the 2011 version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yup. D line has some turnaround, but that shouldn't be a problem. But with a lot of guys coming back from the secondary rotation, and LB corps, it's going to be hard to beat them, and those are the areas to worry about on the defense.

2013 is shaping up to be one of those very very great teams. You never know how the ball bounces on Saturdays in the future, but offensively they're loaded at skill positions and will have one of the best OTs in the nation on the line.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
The defense will need him. We lose our whole D-line this year. Having that experience will be great. We do have some good ones like DJ Pettway filling those spots, however.
If he can become a bigger force against the run, that will help the team tremendously. As we can stay better over the middle vs the pass on run downs if he can be more effective in both.

That factor, plus Dickson/Hubbard/Devall/even Stinson being back for another year and improving as a pass rush should really take care of a lot of the issues we had this year. Including the experience returning in the secondary. It's really exciting.

Dline will be fine. the only thing to worry about year to year is who is the NT, and I think Ivory has looked solid this year and will only improve with more reps. We stay loaded at DE

If he can become a bigger force against the run, that will help the team tremendously. As we can stay better over the middle vs the pass on run downs if he can be more effective in both.

That factor, plus Dickson/Hubbard/Devall/even Stinson being back for another year and improving as a pass rush should really take care of a lot of the issues we had this year. Including the experience returning in the secondary. It's really exciting.

Dline will be fine. the only thing to worry about year to year is who is the NT, and I think Ivory has looked solid this year and will only improve with more reps. We stay loaded at DE
NT is Ivory's to lose. He has been great and came up key on 3rd and 4th down plays with the season on the line with LSU and Georgia, with both ankles gimpy. I'm more worried about the ends than NT.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Ivory will be fine. I'm really high on what Pettway and Pagan can do with another year under their belts. The front seven in general is going to be a huge strength next season. The safety position won't be far off from the kind of depth at linebacker. The only question is finding 3 good corners. I feel good about two spots but we need Fulton or somebody to step up as the nickel corner.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Ivory will be fine. I'm really high on what Pettway and Pagan can do with another year under their belts. The front seven in general is going to be a huge strength next season. The safety position won't be far off from the kind of depth at linebacker. The only question is finding 3 good corners. I feel good about two spots but we need Fulton or somebody to step up as the nickel corner.
I don't think Star is good for Fulton, he's better on the outside. I think all of the guys are going to improve going into next year, including Belue, but overall...the corners need to and IMO will be helped by better pass rush. The ends and OLBs improvement will be key, and I'd say Hubbard is one to watch. He's got all the tools to be a NFL DE, and maybe the best Jack we've had so far. He needs to improve, and I'm sure he will.

But, I think Belue and Fulton start on the outside, and Geno is the nickel back. His improvement this season should make fans excited about the future. He's got good size, and you can tell CNS had high hopes for him from the beginning, as he got lit up on the sidelines more than a few times for mistakes earlier in the season while receiving reps in blowouts.

I think the front 7 returns as a top 5 front 7 in the nation as has been the norm with Saban. And the secondary returns better overall than this year. Strength, depth and versatility @ safety....3 solid (not great) corners.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I use nickel corner to state the 5th corner...I say star when talking about the position on the field. Obviously, Geno is a better fit at star because he's already playing there and like you said, Fulton is probably better when having the sideline as an additional defender.

I think we'll start off shaky on the D-line, not because of talent, but because of the newness. It could make or break the season, kinda like the O-line. It will be very interesting to watch once it gets here, but for now I'll get to watch them on January 7th. A lot of the future will be playing in that game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.