Cj Mosley to return

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Frankly, I am surprised by this because he could make a lot of money if he left this year. However, I am very happy that he is coming back. He is a tackling machine and always seems to be in the right place. He will make our defense a lot better next year. He made our defense look better than it actually is many times this year. I am looking for him to have a huge championship game and be the best linebacker on the field while leading us to a championship. I then expected him to declare for the draft, but now I can look forward to him leading us in the offseason and on the field next year.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
Wow! This is great news. I wonder why he is coming back. Wasn't he projected as a 1st or 2nd rounder? It shows his character and his strive to be the best he can.
From what I read CJ was projected as the 27th - 30th player taken going to the Broncos or Green Bay. It's all speculation really. But he will make a lot of money in the NFL when he feels the time is right for that challenge.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
This is huge for our football team, and this could potentially be huge for CJ in the long run. He would have been taken in the 1st rd barring a combine flop, but it would have been late in the 1st. If he pieces a good year together next year he could almost have Teo stature in the 2014 draft. I am really excited that he is coming back.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Great news...sets us up well to have an elite defense in 2013 to go along with a skill-position rich offense.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's probably a high second round grade. I think scouts like his ability, they just want to see how he can hold up against the run in base formations.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
This is great news fer sure! He will no doubt be our leader on defense next year. The team roster I have lists CJ as 6'2", 232 lbs. Do you think he could put on 10-15 lbs without hurting his speed? And would that help his draft status for next year?

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Everyone says he is small....but two of the best LB's in the NFL aren't but 240lbs. Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis....he doesn't really need to add much weight, because then he may lose his greatest value, his ability in coverage.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's a story about CJ's returning. Link

Consensus first-team All-America linebacker? Check.

Voted by the players as the team’s most valuable player? Check.

Chance to play for a second straight national championship? Check.

Even with all of that, C.J. Mosley announced Thursday he will return to Alabama for his senior season, partly because he still has two unchecked goals to reach. He wants to graduate, which he said he will do next December. That remains his most important goal.

As for the second goal, it’s something most would’ve figured he reached a long time ago: Earning a spot on Alabama’s first-team defense.

“I want to be a first-year starter, officially,” Mosley said.

Mosley was on the field for the first defensive snap for eight of the Tide’s 13 games, but that was because of the requirements of whatever defense Alabama needed that particular day. The Crimson Tide coaches never listed him as a first-team linebacker all year, because his strength is in pass defense, rather than against the run. . Sophomore Trey DePriest and senior Nico Johnson hold the two inside linebacker spots.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Good to hear his first goal is graduation. Kinda rare these days.

Even if he goes to the NFL, a good education will help him live a more well rounded life after football!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.