Game Thread: Poinsettia Bowl: San Diego State vs. BYU

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I am flat embarrassed that I picked BYU over SDSU in this one. I was smelling upset in this game until the teams took the field. It's still close, but you can just tell that SDSU is better across the boards. They are more athletic, they've got all the momentum as of right now, and BYU's offense is just down right anemic. Here's hoping I show better judgement on my other upset picks.

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
Notre Dame 17
BYU 14

"Trailing 14-7 at halftime, Notre Dame forged a methodical comeback. It shut the Cougars and quarterback Riley Nelson out in the second half. Meanwhile, ND fought back with just enough offense to avoid the upset."

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I am flat embarrassed that I picked BYU over SDSU in this one. I was smelling upset in this game until the teams took the field. It's still close, but you can just tell that SDSU is better across the boards. They are more athletic, they've got all the momentum as of right now, and BYU's offense is just down right anemic. Here's hoping I show better judgement on my other upset picks.
Same here. Which is why I gave it only 5 Confidence Points.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Any of you see the halftime commentary about Saban? "If you could choose between having Nick Saban or the Nation's #1 recruit which would you want?" And Jesse Palmer said, without hesitation... "Nick Saban! That way you get both!"

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Notre Dame 17
BYU 14

"Trailing 14-7 at halftime, Notre Dame forged a methodical comeback. It shut the Cougars and quarterback Riley Nelson out in the second half. Meanwhile, ND fought back with just enough offense to avoid the upset."
Bama would beat BYU by 6 or 7 TDs. That BYU-ND game was at ND.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
BYU was favored by a field goal. On a separate note, good pick!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.