New 2013 offer out to DL Chris Jones (MSU Commit)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
To Chris Jones of Mississippi. MSU commit (hopefully just for now) This guy is a beast. 5 star on 24/7. Yes we would make room for him he is that good.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: New 2013 offer out

Counterpoint being another Mississippi recruit, Alonzo Lawrence. Of course, I believe his issues were largely struggles in the classroom.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Heard he was unstoppable in the all star game.
I watched the entire game. From a totally objective viewpoint I honestly thought he was easily the most dominant player on the field.
They absolutely could not stop him from getting to the passer. Incredible athletic ability. Rangy, tall, long arms, fast, and at 6'4 240 he almost looked skinny.
I think he had four sacks at least.
This youngster has a huge upside and he would be a big pick up if we can get him to flip.
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

He's obviously flown under the radar a bit. Rivals doesn't have him rated. Scout has him as a four star prospect and the 8th rated DE prospect in the nation.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

24/7 moved him from 163 to 15 and 5* status with their last update. He is for real but I think UA is too late on him. Would love to be proven wrong but it's pretty late in the recruiting game

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

24/7 moved him from 163 to 15 and 5* status with their last update. He is for real but I think UA is too late on him. Would love to be proven wrong but it's pretty late in the recruiting game
Coach Saban may have to pay a personal visit to meet with Mom and Dad. That may give us a shot hopefully because this kid really stood out. He's an outstanding basketball player as well and State may let him play both sports. That could hurt us because I can't see Coach Saban allowing it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Would have to make you think if all of a sudden the #1 team in American for the last few years starts giving you lots of love! Hope he'll see the huge opportunity here!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

From the looks of it, MSST was the only school to offer him.
...that just goes to show how some of these kids can fly under the radar. Jones is as good or better than any commitment we have already.
You would have had to see him perform in the all-star game to grasp it. He looked like Jadaveon Clowney playing against a ninth grade offensive line. He was selected to play in the UnderArmour All America Game so that will be a good barometer as well.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.