Hugh Freeze Cries After Top JUCO DT Commits to Ole Miss

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

How big of a deal was it Thursday when Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze got the word that prized junior college recruit Lavon Hooks was going to sign with the Rebels?

“He started crying on the phone,” Hooks said. “He told me this is going to be the best decision of your life and that he was proud I was part of the family.”

Freeze’s tears could have been out of excitement or perhaps relief after an up and down week that left many puzzled.
He ruled out Auburn as a choice...

Hooks signed with Ole Miss over scholarship offers from Auburn, Mississippi State and Washington. He had a lot of interest in Auburn, but the school wouldn’t accept one of his credits, so he was forced to rule it out.
So, Auburn wouldn't accept some of his JUCO credits, but Ole Miss would. Interesting...

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Seriously, if a grown man cried because I had just told him that I was coming to play football for him, I think I would reconsider and play elsewhere. Good grief.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
the kid came from a Mississippi JUCO. No doubt all the Mississippi Universities will take all credits from the in-state JUCOs.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Hey you can't blame the guy for getting so emotional over signing such a stellar athlete.

I mean guys come on...he had offers from Washington and Auburn in addition to...let's see...oh yeah....Ole Miss.

With so many high profile programs seeking his services that's quite a victory for the Freeze man :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.