Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Idiot Steve Kerr attacks Johnny Manziel over court-side seats - Dallas Mavericks game

Steve Kerr makes a stupid SEC remark, too. Link

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement

Re: Johnny Manziel Sits Courtside for a Dallas Mavericks Game

This kid had better calm down. He is only adding to the pressure that he will play under for the next 2 years minimum. It seems like every time I turn around he is on TV or at a basketball game.

Is Texas A&M even having practice?

Edit: BTW I was watching this game when he was talking about this, it was a pretty ignorant and irresponsible statement. Way out of line for someone who has absolutely no business even talking about CFB.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The ignorant announcer has now started apologizing on his Twitter feed and saying it was a joke. He obviously missed the memo that Johnny Manziel has wealthy parents who can easily afford these tickets. Move on.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    This kid had better calm down. He is only adding to the pressure that he will play under for the next 2 years minimum. It seems like every time I turn around he is on TV or at a basketball game.
    I can't blame him for taking the TV opportunities. IIRC, Mark did his share of TV appearances in 2009. It comes with the Heisman territory.

Is Texas A&M even having practice?
    Might be on their Christmas break. I think our players start theirs today or tomorrow.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

While I think it is fair for journalists to question how he got the seats, I don't think it is really Steve Kerr's place to sit there and indict the kid with no proof. That is my point: a journalist can question how he got the seats by investigating the facts then reporting the story. You know, instead of just saying off the cuff remarks about the individual with no proof one way or another. Seems like Kerr fell into the trappings of the blowout-induced diarrhea of the mouth.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Johnny Manziel Sits Courtside for a Dallas Mavericks Game

Eh, nothing to see or hear here. Much ado about nothing...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team lazlohollyfeld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    While I think it is fair for journalists to question how he got the seats, I don't think it is really Steve Kerr's place to sit there and indict the kid with no proof. That is my point: a journalist can question how he got the seats by investigating the facts then reporting the story. You know, instead of just saying off the cuff remarks about the individual with no proof one way or another. Seems like Kerr fell into the trappings of the blowout-induced diarrhea of the mouth.
    That would be like journalists questioning why Greg McElroy was driving around Tuscaloosa in a Land Rover. It doesn't take much digging to discover that Manziels parents, like GMAC's, are not short on cash. That is why his Dad could move the whole family from Kerrville to College Station and put his daughter in the very expensive Allen Academy in Bryan, just to be near Johnny and help keep him on the straight and narrow. That is why Johnny tools around College Station in a bright red 2012 Camaro. I don't think Daddy Manziel has a regular day job. Seeing as how they are originally from Tyler, TX I would posit that it is good old fashioned East Texas oil money.

Kerr should have done some Googling before making comments like that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

He has an "everyman" face -- I'm not sure I'd recognize him walking down the street.....
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Wow, that announcer is a real, uhh, jerk. I can assume quite a few things about him - none of them positive - based on the (lack of) character he displayed there.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

@SteveKerrTNT
    Hey A&M fans- I was just kidding!!! We were just having a little fun on the telecast. Fun to see Johnny Football courtside in Dallas...

Riiiiiight, he sounded like he was attempting to amuse the folks around him.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Wow, that announcer is a real, uhh, jerk. I can assume quite a few things about him - none of them positive - based on the (lack of) character he displayed there.
    I wanted to incorporate Kerr into the title but didn't have room to correctly describe the thread. If you or any other mods can incorporate his ignorance, please do so.
    @SteveKerrTNT
    Hey A&M fans- I was just kidding!!! We were just having a little fun on the telecast. Fun to see Johnny Football courtside in Dallas...

Riiiiiight, he sounded like he was attempting to amuse the folks around him.
    This is what I call a cover-up. He only used a washcloth when he needed a king size bed sheet, though.
    Coach Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I wanted to incorporate Kerr into the title but didn't have room to correctly describe the thread. If you or any other mods can incorporate his ignorance, please do so.
    Sure, how's that?

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sure, how's that?

Looks great!
    Coach Bryant