Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Johnny Manziel Sits Courtside for a Dallas Mavericks Game

This isn't Kerr's first foray into silliness. In 2010, while GM of the Phoenix Suns, he likened Arizona to Nazi Germany because of Arizona's Anti-Illegal Immigration Law (SB 1070). Reasonable people can disagree on the merits of the law, of course, but generally he who first likens his opponent to Hitler or Nazi Germany loses the argument and respect.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 63:1 View Post
    This isn't Kerr's first foray into silliness. In 2010, while GM of the Phoenix Suns, he likened Arizona to Nazi Germany because of Arizona's Anti-Illegal Immigration Law (SB 1070). Reasonable people can disagree on the merits of the law, of course, but generally he who first likens his opponent to Hitler or Nazi Germany loses the argument and respect.
    It's really elitist and a bit arrogant. He made the presumption that a football player had to be poor and unable to afford luxuries...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, are y'all saying that there are people who actually watch NBA games this early in the season? Who knew?
    (I do like to watch the NBA, & will actually be attending a live game or two w/ some friends in the next month. But I usually don't too involved until the playoffs start, & then not even until after some playoff games happen.)

As to Kerr's comments, I...(insert Monty Python's Holy Grail scenes of the guys insulting Arthur et al) at him.
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Re: Idiot Steve Kerr attacks Johnny Manziel over court-side seats - Dallas Mavericks

These days you make any remark you want...simply follow it up with "just sayin."

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    While I think it is fair for journalists to question how he got the seats, I don't think it is really Steve Kerr's place to sit there and indict the kid with no proof. That is my point: a journalist can question how he got the seats by investigating the facts then reporting the story. You know, instead of just saying off the cuff remarks about the individual with no proof one way or another. Seems like Kerr fell into the trappings of the blowout-induced diarrhea of the mouth.
    Why?
    RIP Hub

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We live in a society that rewards attention-seeking behavior by paying attention to it. He's just making a name for himself.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hey at least he didn't have one of those stupid flat bill hats on

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idiot Steve Kerr attacks Johnny Manziel over court-side seats - Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    These days you make any remark you want...simply follow it up with "just sayin."
    And then he can be openly ridiculed and blasted in response as long as we end it with, "Bless his heart."

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    And then he can be openly ridiculed and blasted in response as long as we end it with, "Bless his heart."
    So we should say Bless his heart...just sayin'?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Pony View Post
    So we should say Bless his heart...just sayin'?
    Reserve that if your words might hurt his feelings.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 63:1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It's really elitist and a bit arrogant. He made the presumption that a football player had to be poor and unable to afford luxuries...
    Just as he presumed (incorrectly, I think) that all Americans of hispanic descent favor illegal immigration and/or that anyone opposed to illegal immigration is by definition a Nazi...
    Last edited by Isaiah 63:1; December 21st, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Why?
    It's their job to question things

BamaNation First Team FAYETTE4BAMA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kerr should certainly understand insensitive remarks. From an old SI story about fan behavior:

In February 1988, Arizona senior guard Steve Kerr was cruelly reminded of the murder of his father -- Malcolm H. Kerr, the president of the American University of Beirut -- by terrorists in Lebanon four years earlier. In a game against archrival Arizona State, in Tempe, Kerr was taunted by Sun Devils fans, who yelled "PLO, PLO." (The Palestine Liberation Organization was never linked to the assassination.) Kerr responded by scoring 20 of his 22 points in the first half as Arizona rolled to a 101-73 win. Arizona State later apologized, and an anonymous Sun Devils fan attempted to do the same, explaining in a letter sent to Kerr, "There's no way you can understand . . . some of the things we have had to put up with when we've gone to Arizona over the years."
    Champagne for real friends and real pain for sham friends. (Unknown)