Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Johnny Manziel Sits Courtside for a Dallas Mavericks Game

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    It's their job to question things
    It is an NBA TV analyst's job to question who is in attendance at an NBA game and how they paid for their seat. Got it.
    RIP Hub

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FAYETTE4BAMA View Post
    Kerr should certainly understand insensitive remarks. From an old SI story about fan behavior:

• In February 1988, Arizona senior guard Steve Kerr was cruelly reminded of the murder of his father -- Malcolm H. Kerr, the president of the American University of Beirut -- by terrorists in Lebanon four years earlier. In a game against archrival Arizona State, in Tempe, Kerr was taunted by Sun Devils fans, who yelled "PLO, PLO.""
    I remember, and always cheer for every ASU opponent because of, this...

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    It is an NBA TV analyst's job to question who is in attendance at an NBA game and how they paid for their seat. Got it.
    I thought that was an usher's job? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Sure, how's that?

NICELY done, Audio!

The SEC takes care of their own!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lazlohollyfeld View Post
    That would be like journalists questioning why Greg McElroy was driving around Tuscaloosa in a Land Rover. It doesn't take much digging to discover that Manziels parents, like GMAC's, are not short on cash. That is why his Dad could move the whole family from Kerrville to College Station and put his daughter in the very expensive Allen Academy in Bryan, just to be near Johnny and help keep him on the straight and narrow. That is why Johnny tools around College Station in a bright red 2012 Camaro. I don't think Daddy Manziel has a regular day job. Seeing as how they are originally from Tyler, TX I would posit that it is good old fashioned East Texas oil money.

Kerr should have done some Googling before making comments like that.
    Kerr was just using" Johnny Courtside" ® as a medium to attack the SEC

BTW - who else loves the dry wit and humor of "Czar" Fratello?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I need everyone here to remember this when discussing a lot of athletes here and especially over on the recruiting board.

Contrary to popular belief, not every athlete grew up destitute walking around bare foot with holes in their one shirt that they shared with their 14 siblings.

So if and when we ever miss out on a recruit and you happen to see the recruit driving a car nicer than yours, don't assume that there's foul play (kinda like some people did with Robert Marve. I won't name names). Many parents save money for their kids to go to college. And if a full paid scholarship comes along, I don't see why you wouldn't want to do with that money what you darn well please.

And not every situation is a "Blindside" story, where an athlete needs "a helping hand".

While there is certainly a huge gap between the haves and have-nots in this country, there are a lot of people in between who do ok for themselves and are responsible enough to save money for their and their kids' futures.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    The ignorant announcer has now started apologizing on his Twitter feed and saying it was a joke. He obviously missed the memo that Johnny Manziel has wealthy parents who can easily afford these tickets. Move on.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; December 21st, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

that was nothing. i've heard much worse watching nba games

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idiot Steve Kerr attacks Johnny Manziel over court-side seats - Dallas Mavericks

I like Kerr but that was dumb. Those tickets aren't that expensive.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Idiot Steve Kerr attacks Johnny Manziel over court-side seats - Dallas Mavericks game

I thought he was trying to be witty. It was silly, but I don't personally feel like he was being malicious....just jabbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Re: Idiot Steve Kerr attacks Johnny Manziel over court-side seats - Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Steve Kerr makes a stupid SEC remark, too.
    Oh, I guess Kerr never got anything on the side at Zona. They don't do that in the Pac-10.

Honestly I don't care if some moneybags slid Johnny Football a free seat - and no one else should either.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how many folks have priced NBA tickets, but they are ridiculously expensive. Especially given the fact the Heat were in town, the seats he had could easily have been $1,500.

I'm not saying Kerr was right, but my eyes got wide when I saw Johnny Football in those seats. At the least, it didn't look good. Who knows, though? Maybe he actually did buy them for himself as a birthday present.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gumptider View Post
    I don't know how many folks have priced NBA tickets, but they are ridiculously expensive. Especially given the fact the Heat were in town, the seats he had could easily have been $1,500.

I'm not saying Kerr was right, but my eyes got wide when I saw Johnny Football in those seats. At the least, it didn't look good. Who knows, though? Maybe he actually did buy them for himself as a birthday present.
    To his father, those seats are pocket change. Should he slink around in sack cloth, despite the wealth of his family, in order not to give the wrong impression? I suppose GMac shouldn't have driven an expensive SUV or not treated the team to steak dinners after the team won, just because his family had money and he needed to hide the fact? This whole thing is ridiculous...
    Last edited by TIDE-HSV; December 21st, 2012 at 11:07 PM.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Better not be born into money, it's an NCAA violation now.