Idiot Steve Kerr attacks Johnny Manziel over court-side seats - Dallas Mavericks game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Steve Kerr makes a stupid SEC remark, too. Link

[video=youtube;n1EUiELwtjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n1EUiELwtjU[/video]

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Re: Johnny Manziel Sits Courtside for a Dallas Mavericks Game

This kid had better calm down. He is only adding to the pressure that he will play under for the next 2 years minimum. It seems like every time I turn around he is on TV or at a basketball game.

Is Texas A&M even having practice?

Edit: BTW I was watching this game when he was talking about this, it was a pretty ignorant and irresponsible statement. Way out of line for someone who has absolutely no business even talking about CFB.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

The ignorant announcer has now started apologizing on his Twitter feed and saying it was a joke. He obviously missed the memo that Johnny Manziel has wealthy parents who can easily afford these tickets. :rolleyes: Move on.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This kid had better calm down. He is only adding to the pressure that he will play under for the next 2 years minimum. It seems like every time I turn around he is on TV or at a basketball game.
I can't blame him for taking the TV opportunities. IIRC, Mark did his share of TV appearances in 2009. It comes with the Heisman territory.

Is Texas A&M even having practice?
Might be on their Christmas break. I think our players start theirs today or tomorrow.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

While I think it is fair for journalists to question how he got the seats, I don't think it is really Steve Kerr's place to sit there and indict the kid with no proof. That is my point: a journalist can question how he got the seats by investigating the facts then reporting the story. You know, instead of just saying off the cuff remarks about the individual with no proof one way or another. Seems like Kerr fell into the trappings of the blowout-induced diarrhea of the mouth.

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX

While I think it is fair for journalists to question how he got the seats, I don't think it is really Steve Kerr's place to sit there and indict the kid with no proof. That is my point: a journalist can question how he got the seats by investigating the facts then reporting the story. You know, instead of just saying off the cuff remarks about the individual with no proof one way or another. Seems like Kerr fell into the trappings of the blowout-induced diarrhea of the mouth.
That would be like journalists questioning why Greg McElroy was driving around Tuscaloosa in a Land Rover. It doesn't take much digging to discover that Manziels parents, like GMAC's, are not short on cash. That is why his Dad could move the whole family from Kerrville to College Station and put his daughter in the very expensive Allen Academy in Bryan, just to be near Johnny and help keep him on the straight and narrow. That is why Johnny tools around College Station in a bright red 2012 Camaro. I don't think Daddy Manziel has a regular day job. Seeing as how they are originally from Tyler, TX I would posit that it is good old fashioned East Texas oil money.

Kerr should have done some Googling before making comments like that.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

He has an "everyman" face -- I'm not sure I'd recognize him walking down the street.....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Wow, that announcer is a real, uhh, jerk. I can assume quite a few things about him - none of them positive - based on the (lack of) character he displayed there.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

@SteveKerrTNT
Hey A&M fans- I was just kidding!!! We were just having a little fun on the telecast. Fun to see Johnny Football courtside in Dallas...

Riiiiiight, he sounded like he was attempting to amuse the folks around him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Wow, that announcer is a real, uhh, jerk. I can assume quite a few things about him - none of them positive - based on the (lack of) character he displayed there.
I wanted to incorporate Kerr into the title but didn't have room to correctly describe the thread. If you or any other mods can incorporate his ignorance, please do so.
@SteveKerrTNT
Hey A&M fans- I was just kidding!!! We were just having a little fun on the telecast. Fun to see Johnny Football courtside in Dallas...

Riiiiiight, he sounded like he was attempting to amuse the folks around him.
This is what I call a cover-up. He only used a washcloth when he needed a king size bed sheet, though.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I wanted to incorporate Kerr into the title but didn't have room to correctly describe the thread. If you or any other mods can incorporate his ignorance, please do so.
Sure, how's that?

:biggrin:

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

This isn't Kerr's first foray into silliness. In 2010, while GM of the Phoenix Suns, he likened Arizona to Nazi Germany because of Arizona's Anti-Illegal Immigration Law (SB 1070). Reasonable people can disagree on the merits of the law, of course, but generally he who first likens his opponent to Hitler or Nazi Germany loses the argument and respect.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This isn't Kerr's first foray into silliness. In 2010, while GM of the Phoenix Suns, he likened Arizona to Nazi Germany because of Arizona's Anti-Illegal Immigration Law (SB 1070). Reasonable people can disagree on the merits of the law, of course, but generally he who first likens his opponent to Hitler or Nazi Germany loses the argument and respect.
It's really elitist and a bit arrogant. He made the presumption that a football player had to be poor and unable to afford luxuries...

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)

Wait, are y'all saying that there are people who actually watch NBA games this early in the season? Who knew? ;)
(I do like to watch the NBA, & will actually be attending a live game or two w/ some friends in the next month. But I usually don't too involved until the playoffs start, & then not even until after some playoff games happen.)

As to Kerr's comments, I...(insert Monty Python's Holy Grail scenes of the guys insulting Arthur et al) at him. :biggrin2:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

Why?

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

We live in a society that rewards attention-seeking behavior by paying attention to it. He's just making a name for himself.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

Hey at least he didn't have one of those stupid flat bill hats on :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.