Question: Who is America's favorite college Team.

OLDTIDE

Scout Team
Oct 20, 1999
Orange Park Fla USA
Who is the most followed team with the largest national fan base? I am sure many still think it is ND or Michigan,Souther Cal or Texas. In my humble opinion,I say it is our beloved Alabama Crimson Tide.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Well, it's anecdotal, but I get a lot of positive comments up here in Kentucky....and just look at our eclectic Nationwide and even multi national membership of TideFans.com. The Alabama Crinson Tide brand is know virtually everywhere!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
One team that might surprise you is Florida. Maybe it's just an Indiana thing, but I meet more Florida fans up here than any other out of state fans. Oregon is another team that is taking the nation by storm, although they seem to appeal to more of the younger generation. UNC is a team that I see a lot of gear for, but that is in relation to their success in basketball. One other remote team I see a lot of up here is Texas. Not so much as they used to since they've recently fallen off, but for a while there you couldn't go anywhere without seeing Texas gear.

BamaMcGowin

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2012
Corydon, Iowa
As far as a national fans base - that's not what Alabama has ever been. I don't think that's what we want to be either. The national media (ESPN, etc.) has never apreciated a "podunk" school stealing the market form the "bigger, better," more marketable schools.
1. Notre Dame
2. Texas
3. USCw
4. Michigan

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Well, Bama is my favorite team...and I make allowances for those that think otherwise...they're obviously a few bricks shy of a load when it comes to college football. :wink:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I see a fair share of Bama gear in my local travels. My fav. is the houndstooth gear. You really have a nice moniker going. Functional - yet also fashionable! :)

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Today I went into Champs for some Christmas shopping and one of the employees complimented me on my Alabama hat and he wasn't even a Bama fan. He said as I was leaving "Don't let Notre Dame spoil the New Year for you" and I responded "I'm not too worried about it."

I've got many people yelling "Roll Tide" the past couple weeks. I guess more people want Alabama to win than the media lets on.

To answer the question, I'll say Alabama is America's favorite based on personal encounters.

dulac72

Nov 30, 2012
I'm hocked that a board called Tidefans would think the Alabame brand is on top. Look how many posters here still say ND! No surprise here. Notre Dame is a national school. Ask the same question on Penn St or USC boards and you'll get 10 ND's to every Bama.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I live in Augusta, GA and as would be expected UGA is the favorite, but Bama is a very close second. USCe is #3 and this is because Augusta is on the South Carolina border and only about 60 miles from Columbia.

The strange thing is the lack of Georgia Tech fans. I would rate them about 15 or 20 in popularity. I never see any Tech stuff and I have lived here 25 years and I know no Tech fans.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I'm hocked that a board called Tidefans would think the Alabame brand is on top. Look how many posters here still say ND! No surprise here. Notre Dame is a national school. Ask the same question on Penn St or USC boards and you'll get 10 ND's to every Bama.

Sorry that you got hocked, how much did you bring?

dave12

All-SEC
Dec 14, 2002
hueytown, al. usa
Nationwide I would say, ND, USC and Michigan
USC is not even in the top 8 IMO. Unless we have lost a our standing, i remember at one time during an ABC broadcast, Kieth Jackson said Bama had the largest fan base worldwide than any school in the country. This was of course due in part of the following that Coach Bryant had toward the end of his career. I think maybe CNS may be having the same result.
That being said, i'd still give the nod to Bama, followed by ND, Mich.,Tex.:smile:

RTR:BigA::BigA::BigA:

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
I travel the country for my job and I see a lot of Buckeye fans out there.

But the ones I've talked to usually have some sort of tie to the state of Ohio, whereas I believe us and ND probably have fans all over with no ties whatsoever to the respective states or schools.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.