Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wake me up please! This can't be possible next year

WR Starters

R. Foster (#1 WR prospect in some polls)
    C. Black (possibly better than Cooper?)
    A. Cooper (Freshman All American)

Running Back Starters

TJ Yeldon (Freshman All American)
    D. Henry (All time High School rushing leader)

TE Starter

OJ Howard (Possibly the best receiving TE prospect ever to come out of High School)

Center Starter

Kelly (Freshman All SEC)

Rest or OL Starters

Cyrus k (Should be his break out year, possible All American)
    Stein (Solid as ever)
    ...and a ton of other talent that we saw in almost every second half this year.

QB

AJ McCarron (#1 Pass Efficiency in the country, All time Bama passing TD leader)

If I'm dreaming, please don't ever wake me up!!!!!!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!
    Last edited by BAMAfan777; December 21st, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think #7, #22, #83, and others will have something to say about the Freshman starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAfan777 View Post
    WR Starters

R. Foster (#1 WR prospect in some polls)
    C. Black (possibly better than Cooper?)
    A. Cooper (Freshman All American)

Running Back Starters

TJ Yeldon (Freshman All American)
    D. Henry (All time High School rushing leader)

TE Starter

OJ Howard (Possibly the best receiving TE prospect ever to come out of High School)

Center Starter

Kelly (All Freshman SEC)

Rest or OL Starters

Cyrus k (Should be his break out year, possible All American)
    Stein (Solid as ever)
    ...and a ton of other talent that we saw in almost every second half this year.

QB

AJ McCarron (#1 Pass Efficiency in the country, All time Bama passing TD leader)

If I'm dreaming, please don't ever wake me up!!!!!!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!
    Foster starting probably isn't true. So you know.....

And all this talk about Black being better than Cooper might be a tad overblown
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Wake me up please! This can't be possible next year

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post

From what I've read and heard Black might be slightly straight line faster than Cooper but I seriously doubt he's better. Cooper is an awesome athlete with great hands, supernatural body control and proven he can peform under big game pressure.

RTR!!!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post

i think so too. nothing at anytime has shown that to be so. Black does some things that cant be taught though. Same with Foster and Cooper but no way all those guys just jump over Norwood and Bell. No way.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I should also add that it's not a guarantee that Henry will get to Bama and immediately become #2. The talent in front of him and coming in with him are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

While I don't agree with your placement of some players as starters, it really just makes your point stronger as we are adding all of this talent to a roster that is already filled with great players at the skill positions.

If we can figure out replacing the OL and get through the A&m game next years team will have a great shot at winning it all.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Premature...

Lets win the next one and get through spring practice.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Premature...

Lets win the next one and get through spring practice.

Absolutely. My goodness let's play the next one game before we play the next whole season...

Maybe not possible at the beginning of the year, but by end of year?

Coop, the leading Tide Receiver by far, and Yeldon's 1,000 yards....who would have thought!!

RTR!!!
    Last edited by BAMAfan777; December 21st, 2012 at 05:44 PM.

Coop, the leading Tide Receiver by far, and Yeldon's 1,000 yards....who would have thought!!

RTR!!!
    Its called reloading. It looks like the offense is trying to catch up with the defense for sure in the near future. If that happens who is going to stop us?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Let's not be in such a hurry to award starter status to incoming freshmen over other highly recruited studs that have been here awhile.

And I seriously doubt that we have anyone better than Cooper, that kid is an elite athlete and he has that knack of rising to the moment which can't be coached.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

RTR!!!
    TJ having 1,000 yards rushing is surprising because Eddie has it, too. Coop was able to take the lead for the WR corps because the leaders from 2011 were gone.

The talent and experience are in front of any incoming Freshman. Good luck to the very talented guys that are coming to campus with high personal and team expectations.

Coach Bryant