Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama Notre Dame Comparison

At this point there is only 1 game that really matters.

Fun comparison though.

2. Advertisement

Re: Alabama Notre Dame Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    At this point there is only 1 game that really matters.

Fun comparison though.
    LOL! That was my thought when I saw that this was still near the top. The only comparison that matters is on 1/7..
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American

I don't think CNS will allow the team to come out flat and over confident. Make no mistake about it, ND will come roaring out the gate and Bama better come out snot-slinging-mad.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    Our red zone TD efficiency really has improved - and ND has been a shutdown D in the red area.

Something's gotta give.
    True, but ND's red zone offense this year looks a lot like our 2009 and 2011 models - lots of yards between the 20s, not much once we get close to the goal posts. Our RZ defense is still stout. If ND does manage to move the ball, they're going to still have to settle for a lot of FGs at BEST.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    True, but ND's red zone offense this year looks a lot like our 2009 and 2011 models - lots of yards between the 20s, not much once we get close to the goal posts. Our RZ defense is still stout. If ND does manage to move the ball, they're going to still have to settle for a lot of FGs at BEST.
    If we can punch it in a few times and not settle for too many FGs we're sittin' pretty.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That is key. This offense has the ability to really put it on teams. Just gotta do it.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2 View Post
    Ah, there will be no blow out either way UNLESS one team turms it over a lot. The game is going to be tight, and ND has a history of beating SEC teams when they were supposedly "big" underdogs.
    One person's opinion. No one can say definitively whether this game will be close or not. Based on what you provided, on paper, this game shouldn't be close (which is why Bama is a 10 pt fav). I believe that will serve as motivation for ND.

The facts as you've presented them, though, show that Notre Dame has zero experience in the past 28 games against Top 5 competition. They're stepping onto a stage that NONE of them have ever been on. Bama's played in these type games multiple times during the past 28 games.

Notre Dame's chances seem tied to the the front seven of their defense and turnovers. Given that they haven't played against any top 5 competition and never on a stage this big, how does this affect their play on 1/7? If Bama averages more than 4 ypc on the ground and limits turnovers, can Notre Dame hang? This is something that will only be answered on 1/7.
    RTR

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post

Notre Dame's chances seem tied to the the front seven of their defense and turnovers.

And Golson HAS to make plays to get ND into the endzone. ND will move the ball, they have to score TD's

The history of these games are that they have been close with the one exception of Alabama's win between them. That game was a blow out because of trunovers.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They spanked us in 1987. The trend is for a blowout actually.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Everybody is talking about ND's red zone defense but it might not really matter. If they continue to give up big plays between the 20's folks like Cooper, Lacy and Yeldon etc. will not get to the 20 and run out of bounds, they'll run it on into the end zone. Has ND really faced this level of skill players in the last 28 games?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

USC had a better group of receivers but nowhere near the talent on the OL+Backs. Also, they were starting a Freshman in his first game at QB instead of their four-year starter. Stanford has a good compliment of backs nearing our own (not quite as talented but good) with a great running OL, but they don't have any WRs. Alabama is kind of the combination of those two on offense: a pretty solid WR corp and great tailbacks behind an experienced OL and veteran QB.

They've seen pieces of what we can bring to the table but not the full package in one team. They've played a lot of teams that can only do one thing well this year.
    Last edited by rgw; December 22nd, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    USC had a better group of receivers but nowhere near the talent on the OL+Backs. Also, they were starting a Freshman in his first game at QB instead of their four-year starter. Stanford has a good compliment of backs nearing our own (not quite as talented but good) with a great running OL, but they don't have any WRs. Alabama is kind of the combination of those two on offense: a pretty solid WR corp and great tailbacks behind an experienced OL and veteran QB.

They've seen pieces of what we can bring to the table but not the full package in one team. They've played a lot of teams that can only do one thing well this year.
    Without Barkley they were as poor as can be on offense. They were easily made one dimensional. The balance Bama brings is unmatched. The media portrays them as Trojan killers but lets be real. The Trojans weren't anything more than a back row SEC team, if that.

BamaNation Second Team

As has been said, when it gets down to the Championship Game, not much that happened prior matters much, especially prior to this season. In ND's case, I don't think I would even look back past mid year to rate them. They truly are a different team than the first half. With that said, I'm confident of a win, but not a blowout. RTR