Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Tide Pride price increase

This was all but inevitable as money continues to drive college football, but Tide Pride is raising prices as follows:

Ivory Club - from $3,250 per seat to $3,575
    South Zone - from $2,000 to $2,200
    North Zone - from $1,500 to $1,650
    Scholarship Club - from $1,300 to $1,430
    Crimson Tide Club - from $600 to $660
    Touchdown Club - from $390 to $430
    Bama Club - from $260 to $290
    Century Club - from $130 to $145
    Extra Point Club - from $80 to $100
    Sideline Club (new) - $50
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tide Pride price increase

How do you get into the Ivory Club? Isn't there some other requirement besides the obvious (Money)?
    i know there is a waiting list for the other levels but seems like some other req'ts for Ivory. Just curious--I won't get there.
    Last edited by jabcmb; December 21st, 2012 at 06:51 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sideline Club is interesting because obviously you can't contribute enough to get into the stadium with 50 dollar scratches. I guess it would be a good way for a young man or woman to get started into the program so down the line they can tickets a little earlier?

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    How do you get into the Ivory Club? Isn't there some other requirement besides the obvious (Money)?
    i know there is a waiting list for the other levels but seems like some other req'ts for Ivory. Just curious--I won't get there.
    I'm not aware of requirements other than money. But buying your way in was $25K one-time shot for two seats several years ago (plus the annual fee for each seat each year, plus the price of the tickets for each seat each year). I wouldn't be surprised if that one-time shot were $75 - $100K today. Plus, plus, plus.

As each year passes, and donations pile up, the bar gets raised for entry to all TP clubs. Trouble is, at the Scholarship Club level, the bar gets raised at higher annual increment than other levels.

It's kind of like running up a down-moving escalator, only each step costs hundreds or thousands of dollars. Nothing the Tide Pride management is doing...a simple matter of (largely) unlimited cash donors versus a highly limited number of spaces.

Plus, at this level, these guys are just more insulated from the economic ups and downs most of us face. So openings for the finite number of seats are harder to come by, and there's more money chasing the musical chairs every year.

No, it's no fun. And the little guy is getting priced out. But would you rather have an expensive high quality program, where a high eight-figure weight room and meeting facility is a matter of drawing it up, or a program paid for with license fees of a couple hundred per?

As my grandmother used to say, "You pays your money, and you takes your choice." This is why they call Economics "the dismal science."
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

That is a 30 dollar increase on my two seats.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a stupid question but how would I begin the process of obtaining season tickets?
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhm54 View Post
    This may be a stupid question but how would I begin the process of obtaining season tickets?
    You can add your name to the Tide Pride waiting listing, which some say is about 10,000 names long and means you'll have to wait several years. Or you can call Tide Pride and "buy" your way to the front of the line with a fairly significant one-time donation, then pay the annual dues for whatever club level you land in.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD95 View Post
    You can add your name to the Tide Pride waiting listing, which some say is about 10,000 names long and means you'll have to wait several years. Or you can call Tide Pride and "buy" your way to the front of the line with a fairly significant one-time donation, then pay the annual dues for whatever club level you land in.
    Are the dues the prices listed above or are the due's in addition to the tickets?
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the dues the prices listed above or are the due's in addition to the tickets?
    The prices listed above are the "club dues" that you pay per seat at each level. Then you still have to pay the cost of the tickets. The ticket package has been running about $400 per seat for 7 or 8 games per year. The "dues" are mostly tax deductible as a charitable donation, except for a portion that's ascribed to your "club benefit" (media guide, parking pass, and other goodies). Hope this helps.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my name on the list before Shula was fired. Then I gave 750.00 to crimson tide foundation and got the bonus points , then I got tickets when they opened the south endzone. The only way is buy your way in , this will move you up the waiting list .

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I just hope I don't bet bumped out of TP because of all of the people that bought their way in. As of right now I am in the century club. You would figure with more people buying their way up the ladder, the back end is going to be craping out folks on the bottom end of the club levels out onto the street.

Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I just hope I don't bet bumped out of TP because of all of the people that bought their way in. As of right now I am in the century club. You would figure with more people buying their way up the ladder, the back end is going to be craping out folks on the bottom end of the club levels out onto the street.

Maybe I'm being ignorant here, but I thought once you're in you're in. I don't think anyone that wants to "donate" into a section can bump someone out of said section. If that were the case then every section would have a constant bidding war going on. I think they can replace people who either pass away or can no longer donate.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    Maybe I'm being ignorant here, but I thought once you're in you're in. I don't think anyone that wants to "donate" into a section can bump someone out of said section. If that were the case then every section would have a constant bidding war going on. I think they can replace people who either pass away or can no longer donate.
    You're right. Once you actually receive tickets, you're in so long as you keep making the annual dues and ticket purchases.

However, if you're still on the waiting list, you can and will get jumped in line by folks who donate more than you do while waiting. Stinks, I know, to have to donate to keep your place in line when you don't even get the chance to buy tickets yet, but that's how it works.

Also, I think Tide Pride membership can pass from a deceased spouse to the surviving spouse. But when that spouse dies, the spot opens up -- as in, I don't think the survivor can bequeath the spot upon his or her death.

Don't know what happens if the survivor subsequently remarries, then pre-decreases the second spouse, but the program has been going for 25 years now, and I'm sure there's an established procedure.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller