Link: NCAA considers recruiting changes

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...g-proposals-to-change-recruiting-rules-122112

If the package is approved, the overall result would provide coaches with more leeway in recruiting. The hope is that athletes will build more meaningful relationships with their coaches, and they will get more opportunities to showcase their skills in front of college and pro scouts.
Other proposals would allow:

— Schools to provide normal expenses, including travel expenses, for athletes representing the school at events such as goodwill tours and media appearances;
— Athletes to receive expenses and "reasonable benefits" associated with practices and competition with national teams, including tryouts;
— Amateur teams or event sponsors to award money beyond an athlete's expenses based on the performance of that athlete or team in all sorts, not just tennis;
— Schools, conferences or the NCAA to pay for medical expenses and any related expenses for the athlete.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I certainly like the idea of the schools, conferences or NCAA picking up the medical expenses on kids. Even with health insurance, the o-o-p expenses can be substantial.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
The way I'm reading this is that head coaches will have more face time on the road. I know Coach Saban would love to be able to do this more in the spring. The "Saban rule" was a bunch of legislation proposed by lazy coaches that didn't want to compete with Nick Saban on the recruiting trails.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Awesome article..Great news for Coach Saban on the recruiting trail & bad news for the coaches recruiting against Coach Saban on the recruiting trail..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.