BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

NCAA considers recruiting changes

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...g-rules-122112

If the package is approved, the overall result would provide coaches with more leeway in recruiting. The hope is that athletes will build more meaningful relationships with their coaches, and they will get more opportunities to showcase their skills in front of college and pro scouts.
    Other proposals would allow:

Schools to provide normal expenses, including travel expenses, for athletes representing the school at events such as goodwill tours and media appearances;
    Athletes to receive expenses and "reasonable benefits" associated with practices and competition with national teams, including tryouts;
    Amateur teams or event sponsors to award money beyond an athlete's expenses based on the performance of that athlete or team in all sorts, not just tennis;
    Schools, conferences or the NCAA to pay for medical expenses and any related expenses for the athlete.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: NCAA considers recruiting changes

I certainly like the idea of the schools, conferences or NCAA picking up the medical expenses on kids. Even with health insurance, the o-o-p expenses can be substantial.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

The way I'm reading this is that head coaches will have more face time on the road. I know Coach Saban would love to be able to do this more in the spring. The "Saban rule" was a bunch of legislation proposed by lazy coaches that didn't want to compete with Nick Saban on the recruiting trails.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Awesome article..Great news for Coach Saban on the recruiting trail & bad news for the coaches recruiting against Coach Saban on the recruiting trail..

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Awesome article..Great news for Coach Saban on the recruiting trail & bad news for the coaches recruiting against Coach Saban on the recruiting trail..
    Does Ears still prefer duck hunting to recruiting?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson