that's right, she does work in florida.
    Other side of the state though!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Re: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Does it matter? They are the Jags. Just for the record I am a big Saints fan and I would have said the same thing about them in the Ditka 90's.

If Tebow works out for them, great and if he doesn't they won't be any worse than they are now. When you are as bad as they are you need to throw everything at the wall until something finally sticks.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Skip Bayless article in case it's of interest:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...-story-closing

I hope I'm not just wearing my orange and blue glasses when I say that Tim Tebow brings with him a unique skill set - and what happened to him this season - was a disgrace to the Jets management and coaching staff - specifically on Ryan and Sparano.

Even if you are not necessarily a supporter of Tebow...as a football fan - you hate to see any player with a competitive heart like Tim has - have to sit on the sidelines game after game after lousy game.

Shame on the Jets organization. I only hope GMAC gets to where he deserves to be in this mess as well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Skip Bayless article in case it's of interest:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...-story-closing

I hope I'm not just wearing my orange and blue glasses when I say that Tim Tebow brings with him a unique skill set - and what happened to him this season - was a disgrace to the Jets management and coaching staff - specifically on Ryan and Sparano.

Even if you are not necessarily a supporter of Tebow...as a football fan - you hate to see any player with a competitive heart like Tim has - have to sit on the sidelines game after game after lousy game.

Shame on the Jets organization. I only hope GMAC gets to where he deserves to be in this mess as well.
    I'm far from a fan of Ryan and Sparano but has it ever occurred to you that they were far from impressed by what they saw of Tebow in training camp, yet had no choice but to make him the back-up as to avoid an even bigger circus?
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    I'm far from a fan of Ryan and Sparano but has it ever occurred to you that they were far from impressed by what they saw of Tebow in training camp, yet had no choice but to make him the back-up as to avoid an even bigger circus?
    No - that possibility never occurred to me.

My analysis is only based on what I know to be true - what I have personally witnessed.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DothanTide View Post
    Except that he wouldn't sell tickets and jersey sales are distributed equally throughout the entire league. As a football move AND a business move, it's really stupid.

He's going to stink and if we did give him a shot, he'll set the franchise back another 5-6 years trying to repair the damage. Better to let him flounder in FA limbo than to waste a roster spot on someone who couldn't beat out anyone we have on the roster right now or any rookie we'd draft in April.
    i'm not trying to quibble with you, but it seems like if there's one team that people forget is even in the league, it's jax. so, in that sense, i'm not sure it's possible to set the franchise back from where it is.

i'm not saying i think tebow will be successful on the field, but it's probably good for marketing and merchandise sales.

like is said, i get the impression that jax could disappear and most nfl fans would hardly notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    Thank goodness. He wasted a year with the Jets.
    Wasted is too kind. He was useless. What a waste of two draft picks. I has hell bent against the whole thing from day 1. What in the world were the Jets thinking? Here's to GMAC having a great two games and sending Sanchez and Tebow out of NJ!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

The Jets got stuck with Tebow and didn't know what to do. They realize that Greg is better, but hey we spent all of this money and ......... The Jets management is sad and enept to say the least.
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Blah on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Khan could have had Tebow last year and didn't get him... not to mention Tebow himself could have picked Jacksonville and didn't. From some of the Jaguars fans I know, they think this is the work of Tebow's family putting information out there because they realize Jacksonville is about his only option at this point.
    That wouldn't shock me because I'm sure Khan's not dumb enough to do what pretty much amounts to tampering which carries a pretty hefty penalty.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Blah on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i'm not trying to quibble with you, but it seems like if there's one team that people forget is even in the league, it's jax. so, in that sense, i'm not sure it's possible to set the franchise back from where it is.
    I don't care what the other fans in the league think.

i'm not saying i think tebow will be successful on the field, but it's probably good for marketing and merchandise sales.
    Everything so far has pointed to this has being a myth. Jersey sales are split between every team in the league and he hasn't even created a blip on ticket sales. This year(and the previous year) has shown that the Jags will come and support the team and don't need a fullback who's deluded himself into thinking that he's starting QB caliber in the NFL to get fans to show up.

like is said, i get the impression that jax could disappear and most nfl fans would hardly notice.
    And like I said, I don't care what they think. I want my team to win and recognition will come if they win and win consistently. Bringing in a gimmicky failure like Bustbow is just digging the hole deeper and shows that Khan doesn't care about building an actual winner.

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DothanTide View Post
    Except that he wouldn't sell tickets and jersey sales are distributed equally throughout the entire league. As a football move AND a business move, it's really stupid.

He's going to stink and if we did give him a shot, he'll set the franchise back another 5-6 years trying to repair the damage. Better to let him flounder in FA limbo than to waste a roster spot on someone who couldn't beat out anyone we have on the roster right now or any rookie we'd draft in April.
    Tebow to Jax is a sexy and real feelgood story. For the most part I like and respect Tebow and was pulling for him last year in Denver to make it work. But I don't see him as making it as a pro QB now. The Jets were absolute idiots not knowing what to do with him. And if Jax wastes time on him as a reclamation project, it does just set them back as far as finally getting a solution to their miserable QB problems. If Tebow's just being there helps bring in enough fans and $ for awhile to make it all worth it then fine. But if they can't find a legitimate use for him on the field then I don't see how it could be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    Tebow to Jax is a sexy and real feelgood story. For the most part I like and respect Tebow and was pulling for him last year in Denver to make it work. But I don't see him as making it as a pro QB now. The Jets were absolute idiots not knowing what to do with him. And if Jax wastes time on him as a reclamation project, it does just set them back as far as finally getting a solution to their miserable QB problems. If Tebow's just being there helps bring in enough fans and $ for awhile to make it all worth it then fine. But if they can't find a legitimate use for him on the field then I don't see how it could be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    As you mentioned, Tebow to Jacksonville would definitely not be a feel good story for the Jaguars as a team.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

You can blame Josh McDaniels for all this. Tebow should have been a 5th round pick at best. Drafting Tebow in TE 1st round forced their hands into playing him. Can't sit him because you are wasting an early pick. This crap has followed him everywhere.