Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    You can blame Josh McDaniels for all this. Tebow should have been a 5th round pick at best. Drafting Tebow in TE 1st round forced their hands into playing him. Can't sit him because you are wasting an early pick. This crap has followed him everywhere.
    Can't argue there.
    We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.

-Bill Belichick

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    You can blame Josh McDaniels for all this. Tebow should have been a 5th round pick at best. Drafting Tebow in TE 1st round forced their hands into playing him. Can't sit him because you are wasting an early pick. This crap has followed him everywhere.
    Yeah but the Broncos made the playoffs --- and actually won a few playoff games.

But only after he was given a chance to be their starter.

I don't understand why the Jets didn't at least utilize him somewhere....even in the wildcat they could have used him.

Did you see what happened today:

"The Jets ran the wildcat a handful of times -- but with wide receiver Jeremy Kerley instead of Tebow, who stood on the sideline the entire game without getting a snap."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321223020

Maybe as Diamond mentioned.....he just didn't impress them in practice....who can really say.

But to say a team is stuck with him......after doing what he did for Denver last season and then the way he was just not utilized to any extent by the Jets this season.....

I'm no expert by any means and this is just my opinion.

But a QB can only prosper if given the right opportunity in the right program.

And even then it takes time to develop. I look forward to seeing Tebow get that chance, hopefully with the right organization where it will be a good fit. It certainly has not been so far with either NFL teams he has played for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Yeah but the Broncos made the playoffs --- and actually won a few playoff games.

But only after he was given a chance to be their starter.

I don't understand why the Jets didn't at least utilize him somewhere....even in the wildcat they could have used him.

Did you see what happened today:

"The Jets ran the wildcat a handful of times -- but with wide receiver Jeremy Kerley instead of Tebow, who stood on the sideline the entire game without getting a snap."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321223020

Maybe as Diamond mentioned.....he just didn't impress them in practice....who can really say.

But to say a team is stuck with him......after doing what he did for Denver last season and then the way he was just not utilized to any extent by the Jets this season.....

I'm no expert by any means and this is just my opinion.

But a QB can only prosper if given the right opportunity in the right program.

And even then it takes time to develop. I look forward to seeing Tebow get that chance, hopefully with the right organization where it will be a good fit. It certainly has not been so far with either NFL teams he has played for.
    He won one playoff game on the back of Denver's very good defense.

The problem is very simple: Tebow is not a good passer. Period. No one is going to start a quarterback in the NFL if they are a consistently bad passer in terms of mechanics and delivery.
    Last edited by DiamondDust; December 23rd, 2012 at 05:11 PM.

-Bill Belichick

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post

The problem is very simple: Tebow is not a good passer. Period. No one is going to start a quarterback in the NFL if they are a consistently bad passer in terms of mechanics and delivery.
    I agree he won due to the defense and he is not a good passer, however, he beat the Steelers in overtime in the play-offs on a beautifully thrown TD pass. Unless the entire offensive philosophy changes to a Meyer type spread offense he should not ever again start another game IMO.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

I like Tebow. Wish all the best for him.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

He's more than just a passer.

He just has to get with the right team.

And he Jets are not that team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    He's more than just a passer.

He just has to get with the right team.

And he Jets are not that team.
    He wants to play quarterback in the NFL... last time I checked, passing is a HUGE part of that position. A team has to basically gut and rebuild around someone like Tebow, and, frankly, there aren't many, if any, willing to do that.

-Bill Belichick

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

He wants to play quarterback in the NFL... last time I checked, passing is a HUGE part of that position. A team has to basically gut and rebuild around someone like Tebow, and, frankly, there aren't many, if any, willing to do that.
    I totally agree with everything you are saying - except that he is a poor passer. Does he have the best arm in the NFL? Of course not. But he does have a strong arm and can make excellent throws. He needs more playing time to develop and that's not happening with the Jets. I can't wait to see him out of there!

They didn't even bring him in today for the wildcat. The other guy they used threw an interception. The Jets....no playoffs for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

I just don't get the Tebow hate. You can almost feel it in many of the posts in this thread. It's not just that some think we won't succeed....it's almost as if many actively desire that he fail. And for what?

Tebow was supposedly a joke in Denver until he led them to a playoff win. And don't give me that bull about them winning in spite of him due to their defense. In the NFL the QB and the HC are held accountable for W's and L's. If Denver had won only 1 game with Tebow then he would've been blamed for the losses no matter what. They won, so he won....that's how I see it.

The NYJ, I believe, originally thought that they could use Tebow in a similar fashion to Kordell Stewart and others in Pittsburgh. I don't think it was smart....but I do think that was the plan.

Tebow is a + in the locker room, imo. He's positive. He works hard. He possesses poise and character. I don't see how he could hurt the Jax franchise. I wish him well and hope he gets a fair shake at just being a QB.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAntiOrange View Post
    I just don't get the Tebow hate. You can almost feel it in many of the posts in this thread. It's not just that some think we won't succeed....it's almost as if many actively desire that he fail. And for what?

Tebow was supposedly a joke in Denver until he led them to a playoff win. And don't give me that bull about them winning in spite of him due to their defense. In the NFL the QB and the HC are held accountable for W's and L's. If Denver had won only 1 game with Tebow then he would've been blamed for the losses no matter what. They won, so he won....that's how I see it.

The NYJ, I believe, originally thought that they could use Tebow in a similar fashion to Kordell Stewart and others in Pittsburgh. I don't think it was smart....but I do think that was the plan.

Tebow is a + in the locker room, imo. He's positive. He works hard. He possesses poise and character. I don't see how he could hurt the Jax franchise. I wish him well and hope he gets a fair shake at just being a QB.
    Because some of us have grown extremely tired of the circus. He polarizes a team and polarizes opinions about him. He's become a circus, and it's evident teams are avoiding that. It's not something he really avoided or made attempts to avoid, until the heat got on him when he got passed over this week. He's also not the only professional athlete with character, yet it seems to be presented like that.

There's also the fact that this is professional football, and he got a fair shake at being quarterback in Denver. Like any other profession, a better option was present to the Broncos, and they made the choice to go with it.

Then there's this little nugget about him asking not to be used in the wildcat formations today: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...at-sources-say
    Last edited by DiamondDust; December 23rd, 2012 at 06:51 PM.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Duplicate

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    I like Tebow. Wish all the best for him.
    Yeah, it's easy to respect a guy that refuses to play because he doesn't get the starting job.

Wait...

Is this the Richt thing all over again?