Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I totally agree with everything you are saying - except that he is a poor passer. Does he have the best arm in the NFL? Of course not. But he does have a strong arm and can make excellent throws. He needs more playing time to develop and that's not happening with the Jets. I can't wait to see him out of there!

They didn't even bring him in today for the wildcat. The other guy they used threw an interception. The Jets....no playoffs for them.
    Tebow is a horrible passer in the NFL. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Re: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    Yeah, it's easy to respect a guy that refuses to play because he doesn't get the starting job.

Wait...

Is this the Richt thing all over again?
    Thank you. I really did respect the guy but this whole primadonna act he's pulling is not cool. How can someone who is not a good NFL QB feel so entitled? Nobody owes Tebow anything. If he wants to play then he needs to earn it.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

If this keeps up Tebow could break at least 1 record as a QB. He could become the most traded QB in history.

I just hope Jacksonville is bringing him in and preparing him to win games and not just to be a spectacle for the fans. I like Tebow and think he needs a real chance at proving just how good he is.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Destiny...
    Wasn't that Mike Price's 'Friend'?
    Memory is going going gone...

upon reading all the post... 92Tide answered my question.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; December 23rd, 2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: addition

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Tebow is a bad passer since going to the NFL..What chaps my backside..Is when we played him & lost in the SEC Championship Game the 1st time..Dude was passing the ball surgical precision it seemed..He made some passes I doubt Joe Motana could've made..He earned my respect as a passer that game..

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

TT can always make good his threat, and try to get traded.
    If that don't work he can always go into 'Evangelism'...
    (He is pretty good at that)
    Posters have mentioned the fact almost any team will have to re-tool their Offense
    around Tebow, for success. (Like Fl. did...)
    Tim is a pretty good 'Wildcat QB', but he's not a 'Pro Style QB'. That's his problem.
    I view that like a good heavy weight fighter with a 'Glass Jaw'... He has his LIMITATIONS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Tebow is a bad passer since going to the NFL..What chaps my backside..Is when we played him & lost in the SEC Championship Game the 1st time..Dude was passing the ball surgical precision it seemed..He made some passes I doubt Joe Motana could've made..He earned my respect as a passer that game..
    Slo-mos of his passing mechanics show a slow windup which cocks way below his waist before starting forward. It was predicted that it would bite him in the butt as a pro, both from the aspect of helping the pressure and also accuracy. I'd say that, in this case, the prognosticators tended to be right...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DothanTide View Post
    If this actually happens, then it's a Khan move and I'm done rooting for the Jags. I want my team to draft well for once and win games consistently instead of bringing in gimmick wannabe QB who can't even hit the broad side of a barn. Didn't want him when he came out and don't want him now because he'll never be a good QB in the pros no matter what the blind Tebow-lovers say.
    Master....The hate is strong in this one......

The Jag's stink and aren't even close to being competitive.

Why not give the guy a real shot to see if he can make it as a QB in the NFL. The Jet's created this circus, the best thing Tebow can do is get out of town quick, fast and in a hurry.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Vast difference in college and pro. He earned my respect as well but the NFL is just a different beast. Now though, they've messed with his confidence. I don't know what he does after the Jets debacle.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollisx4 View Post
    Master....The hate is strong in this one......

The Jag's stink and aren't even close to being competitive.

Why not give the guy a real shot to see if he can make it as a QB in the NFL. The Jet's created this circus, the best thing Tebow can do is get out of town quick, fast and in a hurry.
    Because the Jaguars don't owe him a real shot and can improve their team in much better ways than bringing in Tebow.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

I just don't see how anyone can say that he's good enough as a passer to make it in the NFL. In college? Yes, he was a legend.

It's not just his delivery. You can tell when he drops back that he has no clue what he's doing. He then turns to improvisation which 90% of the time against NFL speed, gets crushed.

The run in Denver last season was lightning in the bottle. Winning games at the end after looking like horse manure for 58 minutes is not a successful long term strategy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I just don't see how anyone can say that he's good enough as a passer to make it in the NFL. In college? Yes, he was a legend.

It's not just his delivery. You can tell when he drops back that he has no clue what he's doing. He then turns to improvisation which 90% of the time against NFL speed, gets crushed.

The run in Denver last season was lightning in the bottle. Winning games at the end after looking like horse manure for 58 minutes is not a successful long term strategy.
    It is a tradition at Denver though.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Because the Jaguars don't owe him a real shot and can improve their team in much better ways than bringing in Tebow.
    True, they don't owe him a shot.....but last I heard Brady, Manning, Ryan, Rodgers, Schaub, etc.....aren't exactly knocking the door down to get here.

And I don't believe there is an RGIII in this year's draft either.

What do they really have to lose?

And people worry that he will set the franchise back? puh---leeze, I live here, they can't get no further back.

The Jag's can't give enough tickets away on Sunday to fill up that stadium.