Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Quote Originally Posted by hollisx4 View Post
    True, they don't owe him a shot.....but last I heard Brady, Manning, Ryan, Rodgers, Schaub, etc.....aren't exactly knocking the door down to get here.

And I don't believe there is an RGIII in this year's draft either.

What do they really have to lose?

And people worry that he will set the franchise back? puh---leeze, I live here, they can't get no further back.

The Jag's can't give enough tickets away on Sunday to fill up that stadium.
    Well, there's always the route of building the defense through the draft, especially in a division where you have to play the likes of Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and Andrew Luck two times a year.

And Jacksonville's stadium issues stem from the fact the city put more emphasis on keeping the Florida/Georgia game than making a practical NFL stadium for that location.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Well, there's always the route of building the defense through the draft, especially in a division where you have to play the likes of Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and Andrew Luck two times a year.

And Jacksonville's stadium issues stem from the fact the city put more emphasis on keeping the Florida/Georgia game than making a practical NFL stadium for that location.
    Now I'll use your argument against you....the city doesn't owe the Jaguars a stadium, if they want a better venue they and their billion dollar owner can build them one and leave us taxpayers alone.

They've drafted for defense the past couple of years and they can't even do that right. The only thing the Jag's could possibly do is pay more than anybody else for free agents.

I for one would love to see Tebow in a Jag uniform, I like the guy and I believe he's a winner. But that's just my opinion, I realize there are a slew of others.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Now I'll use your argument against you....the city doesn't owe the Jaguars a stadium, if they want a better venue they and their billion dollar owner can build them one and leave us taxpayers alone.

They've drafted for defense the past couple of years and they can't even do that right. The only thing the Jag's could possibly do is pay more than anybody else for free agents.

I for one would love to see Tebow in a Jag uniform, I like the guy and I believe he's a winner. But that's just my opinion, I realize there are a slew of others.
    No argument with you on the stadium counter... well played.

The other thing Jacksonville can and will probably do is dump their general manager, although I'd expect the head coach to remain since Khan did have a role in hiring him.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

I'd like to see a Tebow-led Jaguars team go into Denver and maul the Broncos.

It's always fun to see Peyton Manning sprint off the field after a loss.

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Why not give him a shot? Because, he's not good. How about get a good QB and give him a shot. Or better yet find a QB who will EARN a shot and not use grandstanding to draw attention to the "injustice."

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

Master....The hate is strong in this one......

The Jag's stink and aren't even close to being competitive.
    And they wouldn't be even with him. Running the spread option against an NFL-level defense that absolutely doesn't respect the passing aspect(which they won't because Tebow is horribad at being an NFL-level QB) is tantamount to suicide. While Smith and Mularkey are part of the problem, we'll never get a real GM or head coach to come to this team if they're saddled with St. Timmay the Whiner. We might as well hire Meyer to go with him and watch the team go 0-16(with Urban faking a heart condition and saying he needs to be with his family at the end of the season, naturally).

Why not give the guy a real shot to see if he can make it as a QB in the NFL. The Jet's created this circus, the best thing Tebow can do is get out of town quick, fast and in a hurry.
    Because he'd never beat out Gabbert or Henne much like he couldn't beat out Sanchez, McElroy, or Quinn(funny that Tebow basically had the same thing happen in Denver only he did the leapfrogging then and Quinn actually acted like a real professional instead of a spoiled brat)?

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    Tebow to Jax is a sexy and real feelgood story. For the most part I like and respect Tebow and was pulling for him last year in Denver to make it work. But I don't see him as making it as a pro QB now. The Jets were absolute idiots not knowing what to do with him. And if Jax wastes time on him as a reclamation project, it does just set them back as far as finally getting a solution to their miserable QB problems. If Tebow's just being there helps bring in enough fans and $ for awhile to make it all worth it then fine. But if they can't find a legitimate use for him on the field then I don't see how it could be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Agree...

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Jag's stink and aren't even close to being competitive.
    They stink, but they are competitive. They took Houston to overtime on the road and gave the Pats all they wanted this past Sunday.

Everyone thinks the Jags' franchise is some poor excuse for an NFL franchise, but there are actually ten other teams with worse home attendance than the Jags.

The problem in Jacksonville boils down to one person: Gene Smith. He may be the worse GM in NFL history.

Also, the biggest mistake in franchise history was firing Tom Coughlin. Stevie Wonder could see that.

As for Tebow coming to Jax, it's nothing but a marketing ploy. He'll fill the seats, no doubt, but he won't succeed in the NFL unless he fixes his horrible wind-up delivery and gets A LOT more accurate in a hurry. Doubtful.
    Last edited by CrimsonJag; December 25th, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

This Tebowmania has to stop, seriously, the guy is a great man, and great athlete, but not a great NFL QB. Him going back home to Jacksonville is cool but he's overrated, very very overrated.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Because some of us have grown extremely tired of the circus. He polarizes a team and polarizes opinions about him. He's become a circus, and it's evident teams are avoiding that. It's not something he really avoided or made attempts to avoid, until the heat got on him when he got passed over this week. He's also not the only professional athlete with character, yet it seems to be presented like that.
    I think Tebow is too over the top with his Christianity to the point that it comes across as manufactured rather than genuine. Much like these kids these days who try to play the part of being "Country Boys". They dress the part, drive the jacked up trucks, do everything they can to let everybody know they are "Country Boys". When in reality a real country boy doesn't have to do all of that. It's just who they are and there's no over the top effort nor any need to prove it. It comes out naturally.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Neither teams Tim has played for supplied what I would call a productive environment for a QB to play in. Neither Coach Fox nor Ryan wanted him - so factor that into things.

If you look at all the current NFL Q.B.'s - how many would you say are good and what teams do they play on? There are some great programs and many not so great programs.

The general manager has a lot to do with it (as has been discussed) but so does the head coach and the rest of the staff.

Manning is a great QB - no doubt. But did you know they added OL, WR, and TEs this season...as well as upgrades on defense...but got rid of their best receiver the year they brought in Tim?

We could debate whether Tim has the "correct" throwing motion (or not) all day long. But throwing motion is only part of what is important for a competitive NFL QB.

You are welcome to your opinion - but my position on the subject is until we see him on a decent team with adequate support the jury is still out on his ultimate success in the NFL.

===========

As to the controversy over whether he opted out for last week's game.....he busted 2 ribs against Seattle on Nov. 10. So if he declined to run the Wildcat again and add further damage to his ribs, etc. - after being lied to (this is why Tim chose the Jets over the Jags....more playing time) - with playoff chances gone - and GMAC given the nod as starter - I don't blame him . It appears at the end of the week he and Coach Ryan had resolved the situation anyway. But for those who are saying he's a quitter, whiner, etc....you have to be kidding but go for it...that's why it's called a talk forum...so folks can "talk".

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...s-activate-him

If Tebow was that hurt, why dress him at all? A healthy Tebow hasn't contributed anything all season, so why activate him with busted ribs?

"I had to do a little bit of talking just to dress, but I just want to be there for my teammates in case they needed me in an emergency situation," Tebow said, via The Star-Ledger.
    Those are noble intentions, but would it have helped the Jets if they needed Tebow in the second quarter? No. 3 quarterback Greg McElroy, who's healthy, was inactive. Tebow's best attribute is his athletic, playmaking ability. He probably wouldn't have been able to take shots with broken ribs. Tebow was the only active player on either team not to play a single snap.

Take a look at photos from the Thanksgiving Day matchup between the Patriots and Jets.

Think the 30-point loss was a disaster? Imagine if Sanchez would have been injured early.
    "I wasn't going to put him out there," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "I mean he'd practiced, but a couple of days ago, you could tell he was hurting, maybe his breathing was a little different, and I'm standing there like, 'Shoot, I wouldn't play my son if that was the situation.' To Tim's credit, he wanted to be there for his team, there's no doubt.
    "If you left it up to him, there's no doubt. I was like, look, if we absolutely have to have him, then we may consider it. But to me, that would be the only way we were going to play Tim."

That's why there's a coaching staff to make those decisions. But hey, how much worse could it have been?
    "The thought did go through my mind to possibly deactivate him," Ryan said. "But when he came out here, he felt that if he had to go, then he could get it done, and that was my decision."

==========

Talk about wasting a year of a guy's career.

The sooner Tim gets out of New York the better.

I also feel GMAC will also not benefit if he remains with the Jets.

My last post on this thread.....time will tell....as it always does.

My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Wasn't that Mike Price's 'Friend'?
    Memory is going going gone...

upon reading all the post... 92Tide answered my question.
    ....who's from the other side of the state!

We finally figured him out (SECCG 2009 - a VERY happy memory), but I was sure glad when he went to the NFL. So far, he has won more NFL games as a starter than he lost, and he practically willed Denver into the playoffs. I can confirm that locally, not all Tebow fans are Gator fans.

This is the third wave of Tebowmania in Jacksonville. The current GM passed on him in the draft and passed again when Denver got rid of him. The mania will only cease when/if he gets a legitimate chance at leading a team as the starter for a season - and either succeeds or fails.
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban