Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Re: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson57s View Post
    We finally figured him out (SECCG 2009 - a VERY happy memory), but I was sure glad when he went to the NFL. So far, he has won more NFL games as a starter than he lost, and he practically willed Denver into the playoffs.
    Let's be kind to Tebow and try to ignore his numbers. We shouldn't get into the 47.9 completion percentage or the fact that he has almost as many turnovers as touchdowns.

Let's just look at his record as a starter. Tim Tebow is 8-6 as a starter. That includes 7-4 as a Bronco, but he lost the last three regular season games he started, obviously they figured out how to stop him. He did win a playoff game, with a dreadful 47.6 completion percentage, and he lost the following game with a absolutely horrendous 34.6 completion percentage.

Let's compare him to a good quarterback, who happened to play with the same personnel. Peyton Manning is 12-3 this year. His worst completion percentage of the year is 50%.

Tebow took a very good Denver team and played very mediocre. He's a quitter, he's a spoiled, entitled, overrated crybaby. He gets extra credit because of how he acts in front of cameras, even though he clearly has trouble putting a sentence together. I do not get the Tebow worship and I can't help but think it has to do more with his professed faith, than his actions.

2. Advertisement

How many QB's will come off looking good if Peyton Manning follows them? He's almost in a class by himself.

IMO, Tebow's faith works against him with the haters at least as much as it works for him with the lovers.

The current Jaguars starting QB has 9 TD's and 8 INT's, which is "almost as many turnovers as touchdowns". At this point, they are so bad it's hard to see how bringing him in would make them worse.
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    Let's be kind to Tebow and try to ignore his numbers. We shouldn't get into the 47.9 completion percentage or the fact that he has almost as many turnovers as touchdowns.

Let's just look at his record as a starter. Tim Tebow is 8-6 as a starter. That includes 7-4 as a Bronco, but he lost the last three regular season games he started, obviously they figured out how to stop him. He did win a playoff game, with a dreadful 47.6 completion percentage, and he lost the following game with a absolutely horrendous 34.6 completion percentage.

Let's compare him to a good quarterback, who happened to play with the same personnel. Peyton Manning is 12-3 this year. His worst completion percentage of the year is 50%.

Tebow took a very good Denver team and played very mediocre. He's a quitter, he's a spoiled, entitled, overrated crybaby. He gets extra credit because of how he acts in front of cameras, even though he clearly has trouble putting a sentence together. I do not get the Tebow worship and I can't help but think it has to do more with his professed faith, than his actions.
    Good post! FWIW, I share his professed faith...and I am NOT a Tebow fan. Your last paragraph nails it. I wonder why my fellow Christians aren't so ga-ga over Sam Bradford & Colt McCoy & Austin Davis (USM grad now w/ the Cards) & (etc....there are quite a few professing Christians in the NFL). mrs. exiled has a theory that St. Tim gets all the press solely because he's handsome. I, as a hetero male, have no input on that.

Has there ever been as many press conferences & news reports about a backup QB who hardly ever plays?
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

Regardless of the value of the words coming out of his mouth when he has time to prepare a speech, I've always had the feeling Tebow has too much of a diva personality under the well-choreographed media machine exterior. Sure, he wants to play, and has won a few games. But anyone with a less polished exterior would be getting hammered in the media for being "obviously disappointed" about not playing. I can't pin it on anything concrete, but I don't trust him and am glad he's not one of my team's QBs. If enough people fawn over anyone for long enough, things start to change. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by deboard View Post
    Any way you slice it. The Jets are now sort of McElroy's team. Hope he impresses.
    as much as I'd like it, i dont see this with sanchez there....too much money in him. now, if they trade him away, maybe.

I'd love to see Mcelroy have a chance, but I dont think its written on the wall yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson57s View Post
    The current Jaguars starting QB has 9 TD's and 8 INT's, which is "almost as many turnovers as touchdowns". At this point, they are so bad it's hard to see how bringing him in would make them worse.
    Because he'd never beat out Gabbert or Henne. I doubt he'd even be able to beat out whatever rookie we may end up drafting. He honestly needs to stop deluding himself into thinking he's an NFL QB when he's not(along with his fanbase too, but that'll never happen).