Link: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Yeah, it's easy to respect a guy that refuses to play because he doesn't get the starting job.

Wait...

Is this the Richt thing all over again?
Thank you. I really did respect the guy but this whole primadonna act he's pulling is not cool. How can someone who is not a good NFL QB feel so entitled? Nobody owes Tebow anything. If he wants to play then he needs to earn it.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
If this keeps up Tebow could break at least 1 record as a QB. He could become the most traded QB in history.

I just hope Jacksonville is bringing him in and preparing him to win games and not just to be a spectacle for the fans. I like Tebow and think he needs a real chance at proving just how good he is.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Tebow is a bad passer since going to the NFL..What chaps my backside..Is when we played him & lost in the SEC Championship Game the 1st time..Dude was passing the ball surgical precision it seemed..He made some passes I doubt Joe Motana could've made..He earned my respect as a passer that game..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
TT can always make good his threat, and try to get traded.
If that don't work he can always go into 'Evangelism'...
(He is pretty good at that)
Posters have mentioned the fact almost any team will have to re-tool their Offense
around Tebow, for success. (Like Fl. did...)
Tim is a pretty good 'Wildcat QB', but he's not a 'Pro Style QB'. That's his problem.
I view that like a good heavy weight fighter with a 'Glass Jaw'... He has his LIMITATIONS.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Tebow is a bad passer since going to the NFL..What chaps my backside..Is when we played him & lost in the SEC Championship Game the 1st time..Dude was passing the ball surgical precision it seemed..He made some passes I doubt Joe Motana could've made..He earned my respect as a passer that game..
Slo-mos of his passing mechanics show a slow windup which cocks way below his waist before starting forward. It was predicted that it would bite him in the butt as a pro, both from the aspect of helping the pressure and also accuracy. I'd say that, in this case, the prognosticators tended to be right...

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
If this actually happens, then it's a Khan move and I'm done rooting for the Jags. I want my team to draft well for once and win games consistently instead of bringing in gimmick wannabe QB who can't even hit the broad side of a barn. Didn't want him when he came out and don't want him now because he'll never be a good QB in the pros no matter what the blind Tebow-lovers say.
Master....The hate is strong in this one......:)

The Jag's stink and aren't even close to being competitive.

Why not give the guy a real shot to see if he can make it as a QB in the NFL. The Jet's created this circus, the best thing Tebow can do is get out of town quick, fast and in a hurry.

Vast difference in college and pro. He earned my respect as well but the NFL is just a different beast. Now though, they've messed with his confidence. I don't know what he does after the Jets debacle.

Why not give the guy a real shot to see if he can make it as a QB in the NFL. The Jet's created this circus, the best thing Tebow can do is get out of town quick, fast and in a hurry.
Because the Jaguars don't owe him a real shot and can improve their team in much better ways than bringing in Tebow.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just don't see how anyone can say that he's good enough as a passer to make it in the NFL. In college? Yes, he was a legend.

It's not just his delivery. You can tell when he drops back that he has no clue what he's doing. He then turns to improvisation which 90% of the time against NFL speed, gets crushed.

The run in Denver last season was lightning in the bottle. Winning games at the end after looking like horse manure for 58 minutes is not a successful long term strategy.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I just don't see how anyone can say that he's good enough as a passer to make it in the NFL. In college? Yes, he was a legend.

It's not just his delivery. You can tell when he drops back that he has no clue what he's doing. He then turns to improvisation which 90% of the time against NFL speed, gets crushed.

The run in Denver last season was lightning in the bottle. Winning games at the end after looking like horse manure for 58 minutes is not a successful long term strategy.
It is a tradition at Denver though.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
Because the Jaguars don't owe him a real shot and can improve their team in much better ways than bringing in Tebow.
True, they don't owe him a shot.....but last I heard Brady, Manning, Ryan, Rodgers, Schaub, etc.....aren't exactly knocking the door down to get here.

And I don't believe there is an RGIII in this year's draft either.

What do they really have to lose?

And people worry that he will set the franchise back? puh---leeze, I live here, they can't get no further back.

The Jag's can't give enough tickets away on Sunday to fill up that stadium.

True, they don't owe him a shot.....but last I heard Brady, Manning, Ryan, Rodgers, Schaub, etc.....aren't exactly knocking the door down to get here.

And I don't believe there is an RGIII in this year's draft either.

What do they really have to lose?

And people worry that he will set the franchise back? puh---leeze, I live here, they can't get no further back.

The Jag's can't give enough tickets away on Sunday to fill up that stadium.
Well, there's always the route of building the defense through the draft, especially in a division where you have to play the likes of Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and Andrew Luck two times a year.

And Jacksonville's stadium issues stem from the fact the city put more emphasis on keeping the Florida/Georgia game than making a practical NFL stadium for that location.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
Well, there's always the route of building the defense through the draft, especially in a division where you have to play the likes of Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and Andrew Luck two times a year.

And Jacksonville's stadium issues stem from the fact the city put more emphasis on keeping the Florida/Georgia game than making a practical NFL stadium for that location.
Now I'll use your argument against you....the city doesn't owe the Jaguars a stadium, if they want a better venue they and their billion dollar owner can build them one and leave us taxpayers alone.

They've drafted for defense the past couple of years and they can't even do that right. The only thing the Jag's could possibly do is pay more than anybody else for free agents.

I for one would love to see Tebow in a Jag uniform, I like the guy and I believe he's a winner. But that's just my opinion, I realize there are a slew of others.

Now I'll use your argument against you....the city doesn't owe the Jaguars a stadium, if they want a better venue they and their billion dollar owner can build them one and leave us taxpayers alone.

They've drafted for defense the past couple of years and they can't even do that right. The only thing the Jag's could possibly do is pay more than anybody else for free agents.

I for one would love to see Tebow in a Jag uniform, I like the guy and I believe he's a winner. But that's just my opinion, I realize there are a slew of others.
No argument with you on the stadium counter... well played.

The other thing Jacksonville can and will probably do is dump their general manager, although I'd expect the head coach to remain since Khan did have a role in hiring him.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I'd like to see a Tebow-led Jaguars team go into Denver and maul the Broncos.

It's always fun to see Peyton Manning sprint off the field after a loss.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Why not give him a shot? Because, he's not good. How about get a good QB and give him a shot. Or better yet find a QB who will EARN a shot and not use grandstanding to draw attention to the "injustice."

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011

And they wouldn't be even with him. Running the spread option against an NFL-level defense that absolutely doesn't respect the passing aspect(which they won't because Tebow is horribad at being an NFL-level QB) is tantamount to suicide. While Smith and Mularkey are part of the problem, we'll never get a real GM or head coach to come to this team if they're saddled with St. Timmay the Whiner. We might as well hire Meyer to go with him and watch the team go 0-16(with Urban faking a heart condition and saying he needs to be with his family at the end of the season, naturally).

Because he'd never beat out Gabbert or Henne much like he couldn't beat out Sanchez, McElroy, or Quinn(funny that Tebow basically had the same thing happen in Denver only he did the leapfrogging then and Quinn actually acted like a real professional instead of a spoiled brat)?

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Tebow to Jax is a sexy and real feelgood story. For the most part I like and respect Tebow and was pulling for him last year in Denver to make it work. But I don't see him as making it as a pro QB now. The Jets were absolute idiots not knowing what to do with him. And if Jax wastes time on him as a reclamation project, it does just set them back as far as finally getting a solution to their miserable QB problems. If Tebow's just being there helps bring in enough fans and $ for awhile to make it all worth it then fine. But if they can't find a legitimate use for him on the field then I don't see how it could be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Agree...

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
They stink, but they are competitive. They took Houston to overtime on the road and gave the Pats all they wanted this past Sunday.

Everyone thinks the Jags' franchise is some poor excuse for an NFL franchise, but there are actually ten other teams with worse home attendance than the Jags.

The problem in Jacksonville boils down to one person: Gene Smith. He may be the worse GM in NFL history.

Also, the biggest mistake in franchise history was firing Tom Coughlin. Stevie Wonder could see that.

As for Tebow coming to Jax, it's nothing but a marketing ploy. He'll fill the seats, no doubt, but he won't succeed in the NFL unless he fixes his horrible wind-up delivery and gets A LOT more accurate in a hurry. Doubtful.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.