2013 Depth Chart Possibilities

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Vinnie has a unique skill set and will always be a big part of our defense but with better cover men coming on line I agree it's going to be hard for him to keep his snap count as high as it has been. I'd like to see them make better use of him in the pass rush.
That is why I have him at dimeback next year. Clinton-Dix, Perry, Williams, and Collins will be the top line safeties while Sunseri is more of a role player who plays the LB/S hybrid in 6-backs.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
I know there's a lot of time between now and NSD, and the start of fall camp, but if Dee Liner flips to us like quite a few people think he will, does anyone think he can crack the 2-deep? Or maybe even work his way into the starting lineup?

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I know there's a lot of time between now and NSD, and the start of fall camp, but if Dee Liner flips to us like quite a few people think he will, does anyone think he can crack the 2-deep? Or maybe even work his way into the starting lineup?
depends on what position he plays. I dont see any way he could break into the 2 deep at our DE position. if he comes in at the DT position i could see him getting playing time on pass downs much like how we used Gentry and Dareus inside. he's extremely quick and a TFL machine

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
OFFENSE
QB- AJ MCCARRON
BLAKE SIMS OR PHILLIP ELy
COOPER BATEMAN
ALEC MORRIS
PARKER MCCLEOD
LUKE DEL RIO
Have a feeling Ely or Morris or McCleod will not be on the team next year. Del Rio is good; his commitment to Okie State shows that. I have no inside information, but I doubt Ely or McCleod stay (whether on scholarship or on the team) because of the talent around them.

HB- TJ YELDON
KENYON DRAKE
DERRICK HENRY
DEE HART
ALTEE TENNPENNY
TYREN JONES
Dee's place on the depth chart depends solely on his rehab.

HB- OJ HOWARD
BRENT CALLOWAY
Looking forward to what OJ can do next year. For those that mention his competition not being the best, he played for Prattville prior to the school districts being relaigned. He's seen quality talent.

TE- BRIAN VOGLER
HARRISON JONES
KURT FREITAG
MALCOME FACIANE
Wonder if Faciane ever sees the field at Bama. He's entering his RS Sophomore or Junior year.

WR- AMARI COOPER
DEANDREW WHITE
ROBERT FOSTER
RAHEEM FALKINS

WR- KEVIN NORWOOD
MARVIN SHINN
CHRIS BLACK
DANNY WOODSON

WR- KENNY BELL
CHRISTION JONES
CYRUS JONES
ARDARIUS STEWART
Bama is blessed with a very talented and well-respected group of WRs.

LT- CYRUS KOUANDJIO
BRANDON GREENE

LG- ARIE KOUANDJIO
ALPHONSE TAYLOR
CALEB GULLEDGE

OC- RYAN KELLY
CHAD LINDSAY
ISSAC LUATUA

RG- ANTHONY STEEN
KELLEN WILLIAMS
BRADLEY BOSEMAN

RT- LEON BROWN
AUSTIN SHEAPARD
GRANT HILL
From some knowledgeable posters, Austin might challenge Leon Brown for the RT spot.

DT- JEFFERY PAGAN
WILLIAM MING
DALVIN TOMLINSON
KORREN KIRVIN
Pagan continues to show progress. Looking forward to what he can do.

NT- BRANDON IVORY
WILSON LOVE
DARREN LAKE
DAKOTA BALL
DARIUS PAGE
Lake over Love.

JACK- XAVIER DICKSON
ANTHONY ORR
RYAN ANDERSON

OLB- ADRIAN HUBBARD
JONATHAN ATCHISON
JONATHAN ALLEN

MLB- CJ MOSELY
DILLON LEE
DENZELL DEVALL
TYLER HAYES

MLB- TREY DEPREIST
TANA PATRICK
REGGIE RAGLAND
WALKER JONES
Good gosh at the talent at the LB spot.

CB- GENO SMITH
JABRIL WASHINGTON
MAURICE SMITH

CB- DEON BELUE
JOHN FULTON
BRADLEY SLYVE
JONATHAN COOK
Really hope Washington and Slyve begin to make an impact.

S- HAHA CLINTON DIX
EDDIE WILLIAMS

S- VINNIE SUNSERI
LANDON COLLINS

S- NICK PERRY
JARRICK WILLIAMS
ANTHONY AVERETT
Averett will get a RS because of the talent standing in front of him. HaHa and Collins will take the top 2 spots. Perry and Vinnie provide experience back-ups (the 2009 defense benefited from this). Eddie Williams should be ready to make a name for himself, too.

Only problem I see (unless my count is off) is that there are 90 scholarship names on that list--------
He lists Del Rio as one, but he is a walk-on. He won't count towards the 85 limit. CNS has said numerous times that not many know who all is on scholarship.

CRIMSON HAMMAH

Suspended
Dec 17, 2012
not a safety on planet earth can cover wr's like landry and swoopes...safeties cover te's rb's..sunseri did a great job when he could post up...travell dixon was supposed to cover in nickel but he quit ...sunseri awesome db

Last edited:

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Here's my take
QB:
AJ McCarron
Alec Morris
Blake Sims/Phillip Ely
Cooper Bateman
Parker McLoed/Luke Del Rio
I think Morris will impress at A-day and win the true backup QB spot. JMO.

RB
TJ Yeldon
Kenyon Drake
Derrick Henry
Dee Hart
Altee Tenpenny/Tyren Jones
Dee Hart could be higher depending on how the injury is managed. It's a toss up between Tenpenny and Jones. Whoever picks up pass protection quicker I think plays first.

WR
Amari Cooper
Marvin Shinn
Deandrew White
Ardarius Stewart
White still recovering from injury.

WR
Christion Jones
Kenny Bell
Cyrus Jones
Chris Black
Once again injury plays a part in Bell starting over Jones.

WR
Kevin Norwood
Robert Foster
Danny Woodson Jr.
Raheem Falkins

HB
Jalston Fowler
OJ Howard
Brent Calloway
I know Jalston is a RB but given the depth we will have I think he could make a huge impact along with OJ Howard at the HB spot. JMO.

TE
Brian Vogler
Malcolm Faciane/Harrison Jones
Kurt Freitag
As a side note maybe we flip Hunter Henry from Arkansas. Would be a huge get.

LT
Cyrus Kouandjio
Kellen Williams
Brandon Greene
Williams may get moved around to add depth but LT is where he was listed all season.

LG
Arie Kouandjio
Alphonse Taylor
Caleb Gulledge
I think they move Arie over from RG to LG to add chemistry to the O-line having him and his brother played together already.

C
Ryan Kelly
Chad Lindsey
Issac Luatua
I think Luatua and Lindsey could split time between C and RG.

RG
Anthony Steen
Issac Luatua
Bradley Bozeman
Alex Shine
Alex Shine if I remember correctly was a preferred walk-on from Arizona. Not highly touted but has good size. 6'3 300.

RT
Austin Shepard/Leon Brown
Grant Hill
Maybe we flip Austin Golson from Fla. State or Tunsil decides to roll with us on signing day.

LE
Jeoffrey Pagan
DJ Pettway
Davlin Tomlinson/Dee Liner
Also if we hang on to Demarcus Walker I think he will be given a shot here as well as Jack Linebacker.

NT
Brandon Ivory
Darren Lake
Dakota Ball/Darius Paige
Wilson Love
I'm thinking Kirren Korven will play end but could slide inside on 3rd downs. We are also in the running for a couple more NT. Eddie Vanderdoes, Montravious Adams as well as A'Shawn Robinson.

RE
Ed Stinson
LaMichael Fanning
Kirren Korven
William Ming

Jack
Xzavier Dickson
Denzal Devall
Ryan Anderson
Anthony Orr
Johnathan Allen could be an option here as well as any of the linebacker spots.

Mike
Trey Depriest
Reggie Ragland/Tana Patrick
Dillon Lee
Just maybe we flip Rueben Foster back to the good guys. Kid is an impressive talent. Just needs Saban more than Saban needs him.

Will
CJ Mosley
Tyler Hayes
Dillon Lee
Walker Jones

Sam
Adrian Hubbard
Johnathan Allen
Johnathan Atchison
Chris Bonds

CB
Deion Belue/John Fulton
Jabriel Washington
Maurice Smith
Ranzell Watkins

CB
Geno Smith/John Fulton
Bradley Sylve
Anthony Averett
Caleb Castille
I'm not sold on any of the CB's outside of Geno Smith's progression over the past few games. IMO John Fulton learned a valuable lesson playing against A&M. Hopefully that carry's over into next season. Belue has just not been consistent all season. I think the CB spot will be one of the prime positions up for grabs heading into next season.

FS
Haha Clinton Dix
Vinnie Sunseri
Jarrick Williams

SS
Landon Collins
Nick Perry
Eddie Williams
Although Perry has more game experience he has been inconsistent as well at times. I think Landon Collins has too much talent not to start next year.
Also watch out for either Vonn Bell or Antonio Conner to potentially be a candidate for this position if they sign.

LS
Cole Mazza
MK Taylor

Short FG
Adam Griffith
Dillon Drake

Long FG
Cade Foster/Adam Griffith

Punter
Cody Mandell
Wilson Whorton

KR
Christion Jones/Cyrus Jones
Dee Hart/Chris Black
Deandrew White/Bradley Sylve
Ardarius Stewart/Robert Foster

PR
Christion Jones
Cyrus Jones
Dee Hart
Amari Cooper
I know we haven't seen Cooper back there but considering the most important part of this position is catching the ball I think that bodes well for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.