CYRUS JONES
DEE HART

THOUGHTS??????

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think Landon Collins, Derrick Henry, and Jonathan Allen are going to see the field a lot next year.

CJ and Trey will be amazing in the middle together.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I think Duvall will continue spelling Dickson at the jack spot. Watch out for Tomlinson as well as Anderson as our pass rusher's.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Just worrying about who I will think will contribute...

QB: McCarron, Sims OR Ely

RB: Yeldon, Fowler, Drake, Henry OR Tenpenny OR T. Jones

H-B: Faciane, Howard, Fowler, Calloway (I think Howard has a role in the spread looks while Fowler will probably play a good deal as FB/H-B too)

TE: Volger, H. Jones

X: Cooper, White, Shinn
Y: Norwood, Bell, Foster
Z: Ch. Jones, Black, Cy. Jones

LT: Cyrus Kouandjio, Kellen Williams
LG: Anthony Steen, Chad Lindsay
C: Ryan Kelly
RG: Arie Kouandjio
RT: Leon Brown, Austin Shepherd

LDE: Stinson, Tomlinson
NT: Ivory, Lake
RDE: Pagan, Pettway

JLB: Dickson, Devall, Anderson
WLB: Mosley, Patrick, Lee
MLB: DePriest, Ragland
SLB: Hubbard, Atchison

CB: Smith / Fulton
CB: Belue
Star: Smith

FS: Clinton-Dix
SS: Perry / Collins / Williams
Dime: Sunseri

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
So the underlying message of this thread is that outside of LSU and maybe TAMU, the toughest team Bama will face next year will be.....Bama?

I can live with that.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
I think Vinnie barring an amazing improvement during spring will see no where near the playing time he's seeing safety this. Collins will have to see a lot more playing time or else he most likely transfers but I'm guessing he's a front runner to be the other half of HCD. Not player bashing I love vinnies hustle but he's just seems lost sometimes on passing downs.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Who is going to take Big Jesse's place? I think he has done well holding the point since Josh Chapman moved on.
Ivory has been a big factor of our short yardage defense success this season and he has been a competent spell to Jesse Williams in regular defense. I'm not concerned with NT because we already have another big guy in Lake to take on Ivory's role from this season. We've done an exceptional job of keeping the true two-gap NT types coming into the program. I'm more concerned about us getting a little more from our DEs next season. Square and Stinson just haven't provided the push at times needed to make the blitzes work. They're never going to be high sack total guys but they do need to be able to effectively push their guy into the QB's face. I'm hopeful Pagan grows into what we had with Dareus next season.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
Ivory has been a big factor of our short yardage defense success this season and he has been a competent spell to Jesse Williams in regular defense. I'm not concerned with NT because we already have another big guy in Lake to take on Ivory's role from this season. We've done an exceptional job of keeping the true two-gap NT types coming into the program. I'm more concerned about us getting a little more from our DEs next season. Square and Stinson just haven't provided the push at times needed to make the blitzes work. They're never going to be high sack total guys but they do need to be able to effectively push their guy into the QB's face. I'm hopeful Pagan grows into what we had with Dareus next season.
Our ends under Saban just haven't been those kinds of players it seems. Dareus and Gilberry are the only ones that could get consistent pressure.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Truely though, they don't have to be high sack total guys but they just need to be so physically dominating in the bull rush that the LBs can run around free. Our DEs have held up well against the rush but there has been a lack of push in passing situations. I'm telling you though that Pagan has that look of an elite 2-gap 3-4 end.

To illustrate from the pros, the Niners use a similar system and personnel to our own (obviously with much better overall talent) and their leading pass rusher, Aldon Smith, excels partly because their DE Justin Smith is such a terror on the bull rush. Pagan could open a lot up for the OLBs next season if he takes the next step.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
They started recruiting smaller possibly faster lineman after bo davis left. Its taking a while to get those guys up to sec play. I think next season we may see a little more effective push from the ends. I also thought sqare and stinson were playing their best at the end of the season. Hopefullly they will do well against the domers

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think Vinnie barring an amazing improvement during spring will see no where near the playing time he's seeing safety this. Collins will have to see a lot more playing time or else he most likely transfers but I'm guessing he's a front runner to be the other half of HCD. Not player bashing I love vinnies hustle but he's just seems lost sometimes on passing downs.

I think Vinnie has a unique skill set and will always be a big part of our defense but with better cover men coming on line I agree it's going to be hard for him to keep his snap count as high as it has been. I'd like to see them make better use of him in the pass rush.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Good chart, but there's always room for debate.

In general, I agree with your assessments. We differ on the playing time of true freshmen (you think several will play more than I think they will. Honestly, I'm not that wild about a lot of freshmen playing because of what it says about the returning players.

Also, I'd flip Collins and Sunseri, due mainly to the pass coverage issues already discussed above. He's a great effort guy, but LSU unmasked him on coverage skills.

Overall, though, a good list.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.