Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team drjohn432's Avatar
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Re: Top five Alabama losses in my lifetime

My worse was that Nebraska game. It was a disaster to loose to MSU and then ND after the great winning streak. We were never the same for a decade. Loosing to Auburn down there the 1st time and 10-0 in the sleet round out my list. '94 to Fla. hurt alot also. I did not feel near as bad after the '73 ND game as that was even all the way and they won a great fair fight.

The avatar is from The Superdome Jan. 09, 2012. RTR!!

2. Advertisement

Please remember than I'm a young one
    5. v.s #11 Auburn 2005
    4. v.s Mississippi State 2006
    3. v.s South Carolina 2010
    2. v.s UL-Monroe 2007
    1. v.s #2 Auburn 2010
    HM: Iron Bowl 2002, LSU 2005, Arkansas 2003, Utah 2008
    (I honestly hate all our losses)
    Last edited by RammerJammer15; December 24th, 2012 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drjohn432 View Post
    My worse was that Nebraska game. It was a disaster to loose to MSU and then ND after the great winning streak. We were never the same for a decade. Loosing to Auburn down there the 1st time and 10-0 in the sleet round out my list. '94 to Fla. hurt alot also. I did not feel near as bad after the '73 ND game as that was even all the way and they won a great fair fight.
    The Nebraska loss was tough but I was consoled somewhat by accepting that the Big 8 was just that much out of everybody's league at that time. That fact was really hard to swallow as well as that we could ever lose an NC with Bear on the sideline. The '73 ND game was something else again. I thought I'd never get over that one. They played well but we were the superior team and didn't play well (no first downs the whole first quarter as I recall). Our team was a great one that year but that loss sort of cemented our long run of not winning a bowl game. For those who don't go back that far just think how horrible it'd be if we lost the BCS to them this year with everyone thinking that we're the better team and that they're really not good enough to play with us and the SEC and be the number 1 team. I'm trying to ward off that possibility happening. I really don't want to have '73 and 2012 not being able to get over. And I hope none of us have to experience the feeling we'd have if we lose this one. If you say it wouldn't be that bad then I don't believe you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

1. Auburn 2010
    2. Florida 2008 (SECCG)
    3. Utah 2008 (Sugar Bowl)
    4. Florida 2006
    5. UL Monroe 2007
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBama View Post
    Theres a consistent theme here
    The consistent theme is that we lead in all those games and let those bunch of cow turds come back and win. We have had some bitter losses to top quality programs over the years and I can live with that, but the losses I have mentioned gall me to this day.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

1. 2010 Aubarn
    2. 2003 Tennessee
    3. 2011 LSU
    4. 2008 Sugar Bowl vs Utah
    5. 2005 Aubarn

HM, 2002/03 Okahoma, 2006 Arkansas, and 2012 Texas A&M.
    Last edited by BamaJama17; December 25th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    3. 2011 LSU
    2012 Texas A&M.
    These two games hurt at the time, but what happened afterwards has erased a lot of the sting from those two losses.
    "I was out there on the practice field wondering whether football had passed me by. Then I heard the Million Dollar Band playing over on the practice field. When they started playing Yea Alabama, I got goosebumps all over me. I looked out there and those young rascals in those crimson jerseys and I just wanted to thank God for giving me the opportunity to coach and contribute in some small way at my alma mater."-Coach Bryant

1. Auburn-2010 (Felt like someone had physically ripped my heart out and stomped all over it. I can't tell you how many times I replayed the AU defender popping the ball out of Ingram's hands when he was around the AU 20. I don't care what anyone says, that play changed the momentum of the entire game. If he didn't fumble, we tack on another TD, we still have the momentum, and likely cruise to a 49-7 type victory.)

2. LSU-2011 (At the time, I thought our National Championship aspirations were over. Gone. Done. I took it especially hard since we had shot ourselves in the foot quite a few times: the penalty on the INT return, Eric Reid taking the ball away from Michael Williams near the goal line, those missed/blocked FG's, AJ barely overthrowing Trent near the Sideline in OT.)

3. South Carolina-2010 (I was just in complete and utter shock, 24/7, for a few weeks. I couldn't fathom that, A. Garcia played out of his mind, and B. Against US of all teams.)

4. LSU-2010 (Eliminated any hope we had at winning back-to-back titles. My heart absolutely sank. Tough pill to swallow.)

5. Utah-2009

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The loss to Boston College in '84 killed me. I was sick for a week, not only for losing, but also for the career ending injury to Kerry Goode. He did come back but was never the same. Ricky Moore also got hurt.
    Last edited by ROLLTRIBE; December 26th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

All losses pale to 1973. That one sticks. Hopefully Jan 7th will ease that one somewhat.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

As a 11 year old.....I cried at the Bama loss to Nebraska in the 72 Orange Bowl.
    As a 12 year old.....I cried at the Bama loss to Texas in the 73 Cotton Bowl
    As a 13 year old.....I cried at the Bama loss to ND in the 73 Sugar Bowl.
    As a 14 year old.....I cried at the Bama loss to ND in the 75 Orange Bowl.
    BUT
    I will NEVER get over 28-27!!!!!! NEVER!! $cam Newton and Co.
    Last edited by TheSabanator; December 26th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Worst five Alabama losses in my lifetime

5. UT 2000
    20-10 Not a big game but it was first Bama game. Had to suffer in Knoxville.

4. Auburn 1989
    30-20 We were great that year. Still don't see how we lost in Auburn.

3. Florida 1991
    35-0 We were humiliated. But that was the last loss for a while.

2. Northern Illinois 2003
    19-16 Nobody can explain this loss. I don't care who you are.

1. Auburn 2010
    28-27 I was in Mississippi this weekend. Safe to say I won't be visiting that state when the Iron Bowl rolls around again.
    ROLL TIDE!

Re: Worst five Alabama losses in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    5. UT 2000
    20-10 Not a big game but it was first Bama game. Had to suffer in Knoxville.

4. Auburn 1989
    30-20 We were great that year. Still don't see how we lost in Auburn.

3. Florida 1991
    35-0 We were humiliated. But that was the last loss for a while.

2. Northern Illinois 2003
    19-16 Nobody can explain this loss. I don't care who you are.

1. Auburn 2010
    28-27 I was in Mississippi this weekend. Safe to say I won't be visiting that state when the Iron Bowl rolls around again.
    4) Bill Curry

2) Michael Turner