Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Interesting Side Note To Greg's first Quarter As A Starter For The Jets

GMAC looking mighty sharp for his post-game comments

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jenk56 View Post
    Wow!! 11 sacks....gotta wonder if that wasn't a message sent to GMAC regarding the comments he made about the locker room at the end of last season. Those guys have alot of pride and didn't take kindly to a late round rookie calling them out. Let's hope next week they (the OL) display a better effort than they did today. We all now GMAC has some limitations but he is very smart and he will learn from this first game and should improve himself next week.
    I had actually wondered the same thing, although I had forgotten about GMac's locker room comments. His offensive line was almost to bad to be an NFL line, so I couldn't help but wonder if they were trying to send a message to the coaching staff as well.

To me this should nearly kill Tebow's career. Refusing to play is not a professional move, that's immature and unprofessional. It seems like Jacksonville might be his last chance to have the sort of career he's imagined, and I'm not betting on that. He's acting like an entitled little brat and at this point I'm cheering for him to fail. He could have handled himself properly and instead he bit the hand that feeds him.

Is there a report that says he really did refuse to play in the Wildcat? All I've seen are "unnamed sources".

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Is there a report that says he really did refuse to play in the Wildcat? All I've seen are "unnamed sources".
    I think the ESPN article I read said he asked or requested not to play the wildcat. Basically the same as refusing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Draw View Post
    Gmac went 14/24 for 185 passing, 25 rushing yards with 0 TDs and 1 INT, 1 Fumble.
    Phillip Rivers went 11/22 for 165 passing, 4 rushing 2 TDs.
    Jets had 225 total yards, Chargers 223.
    Jets 18 first downs, Chargers 15.
    Biggest difference-- GMac got sacked 11 times, Rivers got sacked 4.

To add to that, the rushing stats were bad for the Jets. Their leading rusher only had 38 yds in 14 carries. I think GMac is unfortunately getting his chance after the team as a whole has given up and doesn't care anymore. It won't be easy for him.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Wow!! 11 sacks....gotta wonder if that wasn't a message sent to GMAC regarding the comments he made about the locker room at the end of last season. Those guys have alot of pride and didn't take kindly to a late round rookie calling them out. Let's hope next week they (the OL) display a better effort than they did today. We all now GMAC has some limitations but he is very smart and he will learn from this first game and should improve himself next week.
    I might give that some credence if it weren't for the fact that his comments last year weren't directed at the offensive line. He was talking about Santana Moss, Darelle Revis, et al. I'm pretty sure that some of those guys up front probably felt the same way as Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/...to-be-a-phony/
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...-hoge/1789529/

Here's a couple of articles.

From what I gather early in the week Tebow basically said he wanted to be full-time QB and not wildcat QB. I'm not sure if we'll have anyone on record come out and verify that story though, but even the apologists are saying that he was just upset he wasn't the starting QB. Well, his job isn't to be the starting QB, it's to do what is asked of him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    I might give that some credence if it weren't for the fact that his comments last year weren't directed at the offensive line. He was talking about Santana Moss, Darelle Revis, et al. I'm pretty sure that some of those guys up front probably felt the same way as Greg.
    Santana Moss hasn't played for the Jets since the end of 2004.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No, they're just bad

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Interesting Side Note To Greg's first Quarter As A Starter For The Jets

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Santana Moss hasn't played for the Jets since the end of 2004.
    I believe it was Santonio Holmes