Interesting Side Note To Greg's first Quarter As A Starter For The Jets

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
He has earned this and I'm sure will win one for the Gotham Green faithful. Not watching the game, out with the wife and baby Christmas Shopping. Yesterday Dicks and Modell's had all Jets merchandise 50 % off!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He hasn't had a great game but clearly this offense has a ceiling on what you can do as a quarterback. The receivers can't get separation and the protection isn't that great (but hurt even more by the lack of separation). They obviously will take GMAC just avoiding the back-breaking turnovers.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I've seen most of the game, and I do want to commend McElroy for a very gutty performance. He has been under intense pressure all game, and the lack of talent on this Jets team is almost mind boggling. With that said, Greg isn't going to be the answer for the Jets. He was under a lot of pressure, but as a quarterback part of your responsibilities is to be able to adjust blocking schemes, call audibles, and create check downs to counter the pressure. I saw none of that from Greg, and that was part of his problem today. Another thing that hurts him is never seems to sense the pressure until it was to late, often times he would roll directly into the pressure. While the biggest problem is the ineptness of his offensive line, McElroy didn't make his day any easier with the things he could control.

Another thing he did today that will cost him in the NFL is he spent a good bit of time staring down his receivers. With the speed of the corners and safeties in the league that is a huge no-no. I had hopes that today would be a coming out party of sorts for Greg, and I believe he did a better job than Sanchez or Tebow would have done, but I don't believe Greg showed enough to warrant any serious attention from anyone needing a starting quarterback. Here's hoping that Greg will once again get the nod next week and have a better game than he did today.

Crimson Draw

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2008
Gmac went 14/24 for 185 passing, 25 rushing yards with 0 TDs and 1 INT, 1 Fumble.
Phillip Rivers went 11/22 for 165 passing, 4 rushing 2 TDs.
Jets had 225 total yards, Chargers 223.
Jets 18 first downs, Chargers 15.
Biggest difference-- GMac got sacked 11 times, Rivers got sacked 4.

Gmac went 14/24 for 185 passing, 25 rushing yards with 0 TDs and 1 INT, 1 Fumble.
Phillip Rivers went 11/22 for 165 passing, 4 rushing 2 TDs.
Jets had 225 total yards, Chargers 223.
Jets 18 first downs, Chargers 15.
Biggest difference-- GMac got sacked 11 times, Rivers got sacked 4.
I'd say the other big difference was 27 San Diego, and 17 New York.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Gotta be a modern record. I dont remember him being so slow to move in the pocket.
Didn't watch the game but from what I gather there wasn't much of a pocket in which to move around. Evidently he made some mistakes as well but this was his first designated starting role in the NFL. Eleven sacks and only one turnover? Seems to me he held it together pretty well under the circumstances.

G-Mac will take this game and learn from it. He'll likely peform much better next week.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.